• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion = Mantle?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that the origins of everything and all things at play are supernatural and something profound, similar to some stories I've heard about Hindu gods and goddesses, but something we may not be ready to know. I think that because we couldn't know the full truth or be ready for it, glimpses are told through stories. I think that the divine may want us to trust these stories and that somehow, they provide guidance even if not a 100% mirror image of what goes on behind the scenes nor actual real world reality either, but close. I think beliefs like Jesus are one of those things, I believe he existed, but that perhaps the stories weren't fully literal to tell you a glimpse of both reality and what's really going on behind the scenes, but not a full physical manifestation of either.

So I propose 3 layers to everything, this sums it up better:

1. The truth, the physical manifestation of gods, at the core
2. The story between the core and outer crust
3. Reality at the outer crust

View attachment 38121

This doesn't make me a Baha'i though because although it sounds similar to some of their ideas, I see it more outwardly where rather than looking at things through a Baha'i lens to find the truth of other religions, the best lens is seeing Baha'i as 1000% fully equal and just another bubble.

I won't pitch additional ideas at this time so as not to complicate too early. (Or if I'm way off-base, you can just tell me now.)
It reminds me of Plato. I am taking little license here, but essentially he considered what we perceive of reality to be the perception of the shadow of a reflection of the 'real' reality.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been trying to avoid responding to a certain type of post, but given the fecundity of said posts and your observation, I couldn't resist some responses of my own created in a similar style. I am wondering if you are correct in your assessment of those posts, but it seems you may be.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
You know nothing about me.
You are living in your own hallucination.
I forgive you for that, but try not to be such an insulting idiot.
As the exact information fed back to your insulting comments about my life and to get over being irradiated as advise study for your evil program.

Claiming that healing is being studied by your mechanical machine concepts as if a machine reaction can heal itself.

Why you are so insulting...having asked yesterday who the girl is in AI comments.

You seem to imply as do others who seem to like to attack the person without any sort of interactive or spiritual commentary about subject matter as if you are employed to do so.

I am supposedly not known by you either, yet you seem to imply that you know me?

How come?

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Dear KAT-KAT,

I’m sorry your thread has been highjacked.

Back to your post for a sec.; it sounds okay, does it not? There is no true need to label one’s faith as something or other.

I always think that as long as my faith gives me a perspective that contributes constructively and does not burden my neighbour... if it impacts others positively and increases collective peace of mind, it cannot be entirely wrong. The proof is in the pudding, as one says...