• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion is not funny.

Justanatheist

Not sure to what extent, if any, Japanese Kamikaze pilots in WWII were motivated by religion. Most would presumably have been Zen Buddhists, by culture, if not by belief. So certainly not “theists” (I hate that word) anyway.
Their Emperor was their god, it is one of the reason the Japanese were renowned for fighting to the death.

The Tamil Tigers pioneered the use of suicide attacks during their war of independence in Sri Lanka. Tamil Tigers were a secular nationalist political organisation.
I will have to look into this, its interesting.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What do you think I mean, in a general conversation on a discussion forum do you think I might mean the general usage by general people. Now again where are you going with this, perhaps if you explained what you are trying to get at, this conversation would not be so stagnated and mind bendingly boring.

So which one should I use for general people. Most people are religious and might use another one than you. That all atheists are evil and will go to Hell, because they deny God? That one or another?

Kelly of the Phoenix

With the OP particular scenario I think another thing that could have been said in addition to see a doctor to encourage her with her belief in god. It wouldn't need to be an either/or scenario but just make the emphasis on going to the doctor while maintaining a common ground of faith to encourage her to go. @Justanatheist
Yeah, cover all the bases.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Last night I witnessed a thread develop on here posted by a lady who believes she is being "visited" by a "presence" The lady told us she was already on tablets to stop hallucinations. The advice from many of the religious on this forum? not go and see your doctor as any responsible adult would do but talk of angels and demons and something called a jinn. Calls to pray to whatever god that person believed in. I was astonished and not a little angry.
That was completely irresponsible of them. I'm a religious person, but I also know that mental health problems are quite real. What you describe above makes me very angry as well.

Justanatheist

Sakia, I don't have time to read the entire thread. But apparently the author said they were on some kind of psych med. They should have been encouraged to discuss this with their psychiatrist.
Yes, she said she was already on medicines to stop hallucinations, its not rocket science, thank you for showing a bit of sense.:)