• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion in Decline

mickiel

I forgot that it makes infinitely more sense for the god to self exist while the universe could not have the same property.

It makes more sense to start a thread of substance that would benefit us all. Picking on religion is kicking a dead dog. Something Atheist gain confidence in doing. Religion is a dead dog, we all know that.

Why not kick around a more stimulating thread, than the popular Atheist kick the dead dog game.

Peace.

mickiel

It makes more sense to start a thread of substance that would benefit us all. Picking on religion is kicking a dead dog. Something Atheist gain confidence in doing. Religion is a dead dog, we all know that.

Why not kick around a more stimulating thread, than the popular Atheist kick the dead dog game.

Peace.

Thats why I think repetition is proof of God. We all are trapped in a vicious cycle of repetition, we keep doing and thinking the same things over and over again. Its like the classic programing, and we like sheep, just keep following it everyday. We post on the same things over and over again, no thoughts that jump outside of this box!

Thats dull man. Thats why I dig deep in my thoughts, I grow tired of the dull.

I find Atheist thought, and Christian thought, as dull. Bland and normal, nothing stimulating.

Get free man. Come out of egypt.

Peace.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Thats why I think repetition is proof of God. We all are trapped in a vicious cycle of repetition, we keep doing and thinking the same things over and over again. Its like the classic programing, and we like sheep, just keep following it everyday. We post on the same things over and over again, no thoughts that jump outside of this box!

Thats dull man. Thats why I dig deep in my thoughts, I grow tired of the dull.

I find Atheist thought, and Christian thought, as dull. Bland and normal, nothing stimulating.

Get free man. Come out of egypt.
You're not exactly the best person for telling people what is stimulating and what isn't. You refuse to debate, discuss or even entertain the notion that you are wrong. Your logic fails every hurdle, and you dismiss any and every attempt by people to demonstrate how and why you are wrong.

Really, your arguments in this thread amounts to nothing more than:

"Sunsets are pretty - therefore God!"
"Where did consciousness come from? - Therefore God!"
"People repeat arguments - Therefore God!"

Your problem is you don't actually apply any reason or logic in your arguments. You've just decided that, since you already believe in a God, anything and everything can count as evidence for them. Unfortunately, the world does not work that way, and anybody with a brain can demonstrate to you the flaw in your reasoning. The way you react to those people is the only way you can react: by ignoring or dismissing them.

Oh, and stop insulting atheists in this thread. You're offending no one.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Peace.

Not really. Most theists here conceed to easily because they're too lazy to ask questions or research the debate properly.

Look at threads on Noah's Ark or biblical floods. Not one theist proposes scientific arguments.

Boethiah

Penguin
This poll is regarding "religion". There is a distinct difference between "religion" and "spirituality". Spirituality is an individuals own experiences and relationships with whatever they believe in. Religion is a group of people with similar ideas and experiences coming together.

So, perhaps less Americans are identifying with organized religion. I admit, the number of non-theists is rising, but to assume that all people who answer "none" or "no answer" in regards religion are non-theists would seem like jumping to conclusions to me.

There is definitely a shift from the traditional organized religion though. Many Americans are seeking other paths than Christianity (for instance, many people are converting to Islam). Others find solace in eastern religions. Others go into personal spirituality alone. And then there are those who become non-theists.

Also, to assume that those with religion are irrational would be a shame. There are so many people with faith who are very intelligent. Just sayin.

Broad generalizations of theists and atheists does not make an argument.

David69

Angel Of The North
Im sorry david69 was that your idea of a scare tactic? Who are trying to "scare" anyway? Is there something you know about satan that hasnt been said before? If you follow satan you are also accepting the pressence of God as your reality, and the side of evil is prophesied to be destroyed from every other side that has a faith. So you actively chose the losing side? and for what? Do you honestly see yourself benefiting better in hell then in heaven? attention is easy to accomplish be carefull what you have to apoligize for once your done wanting it.

I never mentioned Satan satan to me is the darkside of Lucifer. I didnt get brainwashed by somebody elses words.
I am not this devil that you know of. The real truth got covered up by the manipulators of Religion. In my beleifs, I am of Jesus! Hard to take in eh! Yeah Lucifer and Jesus! Religion wont fall but the evil manipylators will though.
I am on the losing side am I. We will see then wont we.
I dont plan to deceive the nations but my aim is to bring the world together as one.
How do I do that? when I allow the world to see the truth for its self and you will never ever hear me say beleive beleive beleive because this is evil manipulation!!!

A couple of thousand years ago a mayan preist fortold of my coming.
Man will be ready to move forth when the eagle lands on the moon!
The Eagle is the incarnation of Lucifer and also the fruit of Jesus.

The knowledge is 333. 3+3+3=9 9 is Lucifer but people see that upside down as 6 unfortunately. But it is I.
I bet the man that landed on the moon climbed upto his rocket at 3:33 as sure as those numbers are within my own childrens birth details for example Born on 3/11 = 3x11=33 =333 and time of 15;33pm =333 infact 333 haunts me lol but the numbers are in all my kids birth details. is this a coinserdence? maybe but then the man declares that the eagle has landed! It meant (unknown to the astranaught) that the Messiah was born! not on that day. but three months, three days and three hours before hand. So I was born 69, why 69? because the number69 is very important or will be to the world in near future. you see theres a code that relates me to Jesus and other important facts that will be recognised by selected few. 666 anti-christ, well that was intended for the great thinkers to solve but even they failed to realise that it does not reveil a name. Only the chosen one will hold the code and understand it. It is his birthright! Yes the secret of the code is within my date of birth. doh. but what is 666 if turned upside down? not 666 anymore is it! the three digits are only half of the code. to see the truth is sometimes seen better when turned upside down. no mentions in any book about 999*** is there.
My name is suposed to be on my right leg but just hold that name there whilst I now hang from the tree above the well and you will see the real name it is now on my left arm! I got this name tatood when I was 15 (3+3+3+3+3) way back when I knew not religion or god or Jesus.
A jewish Rabbi new of me and Jews wont understand why on the paper that he reveiled who I am drew many crosses around the page! Prety insulting but it isnt jesus on the cross but the Messiah came to see him often and when his son was asked the name of this messiah, he told them that all farther told him was that it is "the Angel" Hmmm, the Angel eh!
Jesus: "I send forth my angel, I am the ROOT of David- we are ONE!"
There is many, many ways that I can proov my identity and what I have just said now is nothing compared to what I reveil to the world.

So, Hey dont judge me and take me for some charictor that is made up from the manipulators. I have fulfilled many, many, prophecys and many more that I havent realised.

Hell is the centre of the earth where life originates. Not hell of the book of lies.
we all evolve from my hell :) all our d.n.a originates there.

All this is only the opinion of this loon btw so the world can beleive what it wants to beleive and I can beleive what I want to. :)
Now if you can excuse me while I consentrate on claiming the throne with my name on it :D

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
That statement can also be used to support the existence of millions of other perceived deities. I expect you to use evidence to support your claim. I am not required to provide evidence against it. You made the claim God exists, you support it. I would say the same thing to those who believed in fairies, knomes, trolls, or elves. I am also not obligated to have to disprove these ideas, those who support these ideas must prove them.
quote]

Thats a bunch of Atheist crap, you cannot use myths to support your presentation of facts. You ask for evidence, you are required to give it in return. The man asked for evidence that proves God does not exist.

Go hide behind yourself like all other Atheist do, your garbage will sprout nothing but waste.

Peace.

You are making the claim that there is a perfect guy in a spirit realm who made this whole earth. In order for this belief to be credible it needs evidence. The idea you are providing is untestable and there is no conclusive way to prove or disprove the idea. I can try to prove some reason that show that such a belief is dubious but I cannot absolutely disprove it. It is harder to be responsible and prove what you claim than be lazy and make up stuff and demand that skeptics disprove them.

Amill

Apikoros
Did someone suggest to Mickiel that he branch out into other topics? Now we have to hear the same points he's already made topics over.:facepalm:

mickiel

Did someone suggest to Mickiel that he branch out into other topics? Now we have to hear the same points he's already made topics over.:facepalm:

Of course the other option, is to listen to the points you make.

Thats like watching paint dry.

Peace.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I see many of you throwing around evidence as a part of your belief for reality, so i ask you to say what evidence you have supporting that God doesn't exist. Also who's perception of God are you going to use as your backbone of this study? Who is anyone on earth today to say who someone is that we know nothing about? For all that you know im not a real person and nothing but a accumilation of sentance structure designed to respond accurately to input. Just because i can eventualy over enough time prove that i am infact a real person. I wouldn't be able to prove to everyone on earth im real before i die and then the ones who i didnt convince just won't have to believe what i was saying anyway cause to them i wasn't standing on earth to begin with. I'm not saying this is your evidence to believe but can you honestly focus on proving his non-existence in good conscience? I say to people go out in the world and find what the earth has to offer and conclude for yourself where your heart has a home.

Will this do? I posted this a while back on another thread

Entropy of the universe always increases.
The universe started at lower Entropy and was hot.
After the great expansion the universe cools
With increasing entropy complexity also increases
Intelligence is a result of complexity.
The god(s) of myth are supposed to be intelligent and all powerful, omni this omni that.
God can only exist in the cold state of high entropy and complexity we have yet to reach.
So while the complexity of the universe may eventually be enough to create a god it will be just before it freezes solid.
It is therefore impossible according to the laws of natural physics for a god(s) to exist in the early simple, low entropic, hot, non-complex embryonic universe.

QED
(quod erat demonstrandum)

Cheers

Man of Shadows

People are afraid to take consequences for their actions so they blame it on "god" or other higer being. "my crops failed....must have ****** god off." Or...it was because you were a bad planter or the weather was bad. Science has helped the world come out of the medieval darkness of the church.

logician

I see many of you throwing around evidence as a part of your belief for reality, so i ask you to say what evidence you have supporting that God doesn't exist. Also who's perception of God are you going to use as your backbone of this study? Who is anyone on earth today to say who someone is that we know nothing about? For all that you know im not a real person and nothing but a accumilation of sentance structure designed to respond accurately to input. Just because i can eventualy over enough time prove that i am infact a real person. I wouldn't be able to prove to everyone on earth im real before i die and then the ones who i didnt convince just won't have to believe what i was saying anyway cause to them i wasn't standing on earth to begin with. I'm not saying this is your evidence to believe but can you honestly focus on proving his non-existence in good conscience? I say to people go out in the world and find what the earth has to offer and conclude for yourself where your heart has a home.

The onus is on the god-believer tp prove his/her god exists, not the other way around.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.:shrug:

mickiel

The onus is on the god-believer tp prove his/her god exists, not the other way around.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.:shrug:

Thats bullcrap, the onus goes both ways, Atheism is not excused from proving God does not exist.

Peace.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If you're hanging from a cliff, and somebody drops you a rope, you're thankful to have that rope to get to the top of the cliff. However, once you're no longer in jeopardy, the rope is no longer needed, and you can discard it and go have a beer.