• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Service

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How would one know?

simple.

is the believer trying to elevate themself? or familialism? tribalism? a religion by proselytizing?

or are they trying lift the son of man up like nehushtan? or are they trying to lift humanity up with knowledge is power?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
simple.

is the believer trying to elevate themself? or familialism? tribalism? a religion by proselytizing?

or are they trying lift the son of man up like nehushtan? or are they trying to lift humanity up with knowledge is power?
I'm sure those things can and do happen. People are people even as they had that problem at the beginning.

But I'm not sure about "religion by proselytizing. Unless I misunderstand the definition, how does one fulfill:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm sure those things can and do happen. People are people even as they had that problem at the beginning.

But I'm not sure about "religion by proselytizing. Unless I misunderstand the definition, how does one fulfill:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
nothing breaks like a heart.

jesus didn't espouse idolatry. satan did though, matthew 4:9.

jesus espoused belief. first seek the kingdom of god and all things will be added. he didn't tell anyone to seek him. he said to "BELIEVE"

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

nothing but love is going to save us now.

Last edited: