• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Politics

What people are we killing? (Could you be more specific, I do not know if you are speaking about something like the Iraq war or our criminals).

I was refering to the criminals we kill using the death penalty. By deciding whether the criminals are worthy of life, we are taking that judgement out of God's hands. God certainly wouldn't be mad about the war in Iraq, God loves wars.

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." Gen. 9:6 (NIV)

That is the Biblical verse used as basis for capital punishment. In this verse, God gives man the power to kill any man who takes the life of another man.

Good point. I don't believe in God or the bible anyway, I just post those things for the sake of argument. I hope Gerani sees your last post, I know they had said the opposite.

Valentine,

I would go one step further and like to see any of our religious institutions be it Christian, Muslim, Jewish handle things the way Jesus would!

trishtrish10

artificial birth control was introduced in the 1920's. the pope at the time stated it could lead to abortion. our present pope states that it can lead to infanticide. it will destroy itself as it has in past(has been legal in previous centuries in other countries).
if u want to slow abortion rates down, write or email ure legislators and have them support a bill that would require proper screening of women who seek an abortion. they need to know the physical and psychological risks of abortion. a proper screening would cost about 2500 dollars. 300 dollars is about what it costs now and as most women who get abortions are young, that amount of money is more readily available without much notice. i'm sure they couldn't float a loan. also tell your legislators to increase the malpractice yearly limit from two years to fifteen as the risks don't appear until that time in many cases. right now each girl is given 5-15 minutes of counsel, and mostly told that if you want an abortion we can do it without any screening whatsoever. the supreme court stated that it is the responsibility of the doctor for informing the women of any risks and properly counsel them. help break the backbone of the multi-billion dollar industry. many women have second thoughts which more often occur after the abortion. the abortionists make money by quantity not quality. most abortionists are foreigners and the personnel including nurses, receptionists and counselors turn over every three months. just like the guards of the jewish and catholic concentration camps, they can't take it, and many go insane. this is a national catastrophy and should be stopped by voting for pro-life candidates to repeal the infamous roe v.s. wade decision. the supreme court ignored scientists and others who stated life begins at conception. their argument was that it was just viable life, dependent on the mother, that it didn't deserve respect until it was born or a pregnant womoan killed. that's murder with a flair. i don't think the justices in favor of abortion will ever have a good after-life unless they publicly admit their mistake.