• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Release the Quacken!

exchemist

Veteran Member
Actually, this reminds me of a terrible joke I was told by the guy behind me in the 2 seat, when I was in the 1st VIII at school (1971):

Q. Why do ducks have webbed feet?

A. To stamp out forest fires.

Q. Why do elephants have big feet?

A. To stamp out burning ducks. :confused:

Ordinarily, this would just meet with a groan, but this guy managed to say it just as we were about to practice a racing start. Result? Chaos, in the first 10 strokes, in bow four. The coach was mystified as to what had gone wrong.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Soooo....you saying the rest of the world doesn't give a duck about Pakistan's (maybe India's) locust problem?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
China may 'deploy' 8000 ducks to Pakistan (was, mistakenly, India) to help relieve an infestation of locusts.

Who knew that China had a strategic reserve of ducks? Does the US have one? Are we behind in duck readiness?

China may deploy ducks to battle with locusts

We obviously need to upgrade our capabilities in the area of duck warfare.

6394414a3ef953ae2966cf8f445b111a.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
China may 'deploy' 8000 ducks to Pakistan (was, mistakenly, India) to help relieve an infestation of locusts.

Who knew that China had a strategic reserve of ducks? Does the US have one? Are we behind in duck readiness?

China may deploy ducks to battle with locusts
The ducks are a neat idea.

Of interest is a team working on long term alternatives for East Africa which also has a locust problem. They're researching how to make the locusts more palatable for humans, and they're looking into tricking the locusts into attacking one another.

How to rid East Africa of locusts? Serve them in a kebab or drive them to cannibalism

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, this reminds me of a terrible joke I was told by the guy behind me in the 2 seat, when I was in the 1st VIII at school (1971):

Q. Why do ducks have webbed feet?

A. To stamp out forest fires.

Q. Why do elephants have big feet?

A. To stamp out burning ducks. :confused:

Ordinarily, this would just meet with a groan, but this guy managed to say it just as we were about to practice a racing start. Result? Chaos, in the first 10 strokes, in bow four. The coach was mystified as to what had gone wrong.

When the team was asked about it, I assume they ducked the question.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Great. So now we'll end up with a plague of ducks.
I suppose we can control them by releasing a horde of French chefs, as long as we can keep them supplied with enough oranges.

PureX

Veteran Member
I immediately claim rights the term "duckployment", and demand remuneration for it's usage!