• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Release from bondages by God

Shantanu

When one comes to living ones life free as a libertarian, one is facing enormous challenges because whatever a libertarian does, he or she comes into conflict with society and the State which would suppress his desires and oppress him from his quest for freedom from the State.

When one is resisting such oppression God is the only Entity who can save the individual and release him or her from bondage to bodily needs and associated depression (mukti) so that one is free (liberated). I do not know that He does that for anyone who has not already attained moksha (who is fee of attachments). One learns that a Personal God is only interested in assisting this process.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Belief in a god is a solution to nothing in my life; I have friends and family that help me when I have problems.
I have no need for gods, they just complicate things.

Altfish

Veteran Member
When I meant oppression from the State, no family or friends can help such an individual victim. Fortunately for a libertarian there is God if one surrenders to Him.
Why can a god help but not family and friends?
Family and friends are real

whirlingmerc

When one comes to living ones life free as a libertarian, one is facing enormous challenges because whatever a libertarian does, he or she comes into conflict with society and the State which would suppress his desires and oppress him from his quest for freedom from the State.

When one is resisting such oppression God is the only Entity who can save the individual and release him or her from bondage to bodily needs and associated depression (mukti) so that one is free (liberated). I do not know that He does that for anyone who has not already attained moksha (who is fee of attachments). One learns that a Personal God is only interested in assisting this process.

Discuss.

Everyone is a slave to something. May as well be a slave to righteousness. What your pleasures and treasures are will tell you what you're a slave to.

I do like the two books

Bondage of the will (by Martin Luther) where by nature people are fallen and choose according to the highest inclination of a (fallen) heart. People are handicapped by a fallen nature, behaves downsizing their view of good to something they (think) they can handle

Freedom of the will (by Jonathan Edwards) which in part says in Christ there is a new nature that loves and treasures God with new pleasures and new treasures

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
You would be hard pressed to find family and friends who do not do as the State says they should do. Libertarians are free to think and act according to unattached considerations. But if they have limited intelligence like me they need to find someone to turn to for assistance to withstand State -organised persecution. This is where God comes in.
It would be helpful if you gave us a brief definition of your god and what evidence you have that he/she/it exists in order to understand how he/she/it helps you "withstand State-organized persecution."
Also, could you give us an example of such persecution?

Altfish

Veteran Member
You would be hard pressed to find family and friends who do not do as the State says they should do. Libertarians are free to think and act according to unattached considerations. But if they have limited intelligence like me they need to find someone to turn to for assistance to withstand State -organised persecution. This is where God comes in.
How!!
She doesn't exist.

Altfish

Veteran Member
For fun; to make life more interesting. You can play games and find them enjoyable when you are with God. For He shows how to deal with uncertainty through probing and exposing truths.
You are assuming I was brought up in a non-church going environment...you'd be wrong. I went to church, I've been Christened and Confirmed .. luckily I then found science and reason and discarded the fairy tales for reality.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Good luck with the fun you have with science and reason: as I mentioned I was a scientist once and gave it up for God-knowledge.
Science and reason is great; I'm not off to church on Sunday I'm taking my grandkids on a boat drip down a cave. Teach them about stalagmites and stalactites

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Discuss.
What bondage? There isn't any.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have no need for gods, they just complicate things.
No worries, God does not do a whole heck of a lot, besides sending a Messenger in every age.
In between times, I have no idea what God is "doing" but there is no evidence that He is doing anything. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How!!
She doesn't exist.
God is gender-less.
God does exist but does not DO anything that is discernible.
Some believers like to imagine God is doing stuff because it makes them feel secure. ;)
I am sure not a very good God salesman am I?
I guess I have been talking to atheists too much... :oops:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't want to find god.
I'm doing just great; why do I need a crutch?
Don't worry, you will never find God because God is unsearchable...

“No one except Thyself can unravel the secret of Thy nature, and naught else but Thy transcendental Essence can grasp the reality of Thy unsearchable being. How vast the number of those heavenly and all-glorious beings who, in the wilderness of their separation from Thee, have wandered all the days of their lives, and failed in the end to find Thee! How great the multitude of the sanctified and immortal souls who were lost and bewildered while seeking in the desert of search to behold Thy face!” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 64

Nobody should believe in God for a crutch. We should believe in God because it is for our benefit.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Science and reason is great; I'm not off to church on Sunday I'm taking my grandkids on a boat drip down a cave. Teach them about stalagmites and stalactites
That sounds like a lot more fun than I am having... I remember those days. :rolleyes:
When I finally finish here, I have to go answer 6 posts from my atheist friend on my forum...
I hardly ever get any sleep. A believer's work is never done. :(

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Truth accommodation is the acceptance of the reality because nothing that happens to one is not divinely ordained. .
But do you accept reality when you fighting everyone around you in GB? Where is the accept of your reality then? Isn't that to speak one way and act the other way?
Physical reality is what happens to one in this world, but when one does not like what happens, one tends to get angry and frustrated, not accept it as truth accommodation