• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relationship preferences

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was wondering how you determine WHEN to have standards when it comes to dating, thereby getting exactly what you're looking for, and WHEN to lower them so as to not alienate potential compatible people?

For example, I think if I can find the right PreOP MtF Trans woman, we might just click depending on our personalities, and I think I can offer them a pretty high understanding for well, someone like myself who was born male. I realize that such a person may be going through a lot and have more changes they want to make, but it wouldn't bother me. I want someone who needs me but in a healthy way, and not just wants me after having a rich, elaborate life built up that I can just walk into and have everything I want.

However, this may be a bit unreasonable as well. This type of person, is probably like under 1% of the population.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
However, this may be a bit unreasonable as well. This type of person, is probably like under 1% of the population.

If you look for unicorns you won't find them, it's unrealistic. :D

Secondly, your personal success affects your dating pool. If you're without work, no education, and no money you have the worst of the picks. Successful partners don't have to settle with the bottom of the bucket, so they don't. When someone has trouble finding someone it's often glaringly obvious this is the real problem, and it's not all about money either -- success can be measured by other criteria.

Fact remains, if you go LGBT dating pool goes down. If you like dudes who like to dress in drag who are gay it's easier to find one of those than a MtF trans pre-OP. (Many are down with dressing up for sexy time as well...) Basically it goes like this for dating pool: Hetero (>50% of population) > Bi (like 20-30%) > Gay/Lesbian (5%) > Trans (1% of the L/G) > Other (all the weird ones, 1% of that 1%). If you're lonely you're too far off to the right. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Interesting question. I tend to enjoy diversity, so I am pretty flexible who I associate with -- or who I would date, if I were dating. But I seldom compromise on my few core values.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
tumblr_o8cpkwzi0d1qbge4co1_1280.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Not necessarily. Since there are fewer LGBTQs then not, their standards may be lower, so the odds of getting rejected decrease, and thus the dating pool may in fact be a similar size.

I mean, that much may be true to an extent, given that cis women are the one group that often gets over 50 messages a day on dating sites.