• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relationship#01 Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey

In Loverelationship #1 (with Jesus of course) Prayer is the key for our relationship. Let us learn how to pray. I am impressed to give to others what I have been given by the word of God to fall in total love with Jesus!

God says, the nondenominational home worshippers have no shepherd but Jesus christ, and that is as it should be, but we must not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

Let us discuss it and learn how to pray!

The Lord has told each one of us:

Pray with them, and teach them how to pray.
Let the heart be softened, and the petitions short and simple, but earnest. Let your words be few and well chosen; and let them learn from your lips and your example that the truth of God must be rooted in their hearts or they cannot stand the test of temptation.
“Pray always!” [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Luke [/FONT][/FONT]21:36.

Pray with

“soul hunger and living faith!”

(“Pray with the earnestness of souls who feel their peril!”

Pray with “clear, distinct voice!”

(If you have acquired the habit of speaking in a low, indistinct way, you should regard it as a defect, and put forth earnest efforts to overcome, that you may honor God and edify his children.)

Pray:

“Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law!” [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Psalms [/FONT][/FONT]119:18.

Pray with “that simplicity which the holy spirit inspires!”

(“Pray with confidence, the spirit inditing our petitions!” )

(“Praying at all times, with all prayer and requests, seeking and asking of God, in the spirit, and being watchful in addition to that with all perseverance and requests, seeking and asking of God, on behalf of all the holy, physically pure, morally blameless saints, and for me. . . to make known with boldness the mystery of the good news.” [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Ephesians [/FONT][/FONT]6:18, 19.)

Pray with “the spirit and . . .

the understanding also!” [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]1 Corinthians [/FONT][/FONT]14:15.

(“Pray with sincerity, ‘Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors!’” [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Matthew [/FONT][/FONT]6:12; [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Gospel Workers[/FONT][/FONT], page 429.)

Pray with “heart and soul and voice, ‘O God, impress more deeply upon my mind and heart the principles of thy holy law, . . . [[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]to[/FONT][/FONT]] perfect holiness in thy fear.’”

Pray with
“full faith that God will abide with them and that holy angels will guard them!”

(“Pray with unshaken faith and trust!” .)

(“Pray with the believing confidence and assurance of a little child.” )

Pray with “earnestness, ‘Abide with me!’”

(“Pray with the earnestness of souls who feel their peril!”)

Pray with “the sick, to help them to grasp the cord of faith!”

(“Pray with the sick, and try to lead them to see in christ their healer. Tell them that if they will look to him in faith, he will say to them, “[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Thy sins be forgiven thee.[/FONT]” [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic])[/FONT][/FONT]

Pray with “humble hearts!
Seek the Lord often in prayer!”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.