• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reinstate Gina Carano on The Mandalorian

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Links?
And what of the coin's other side...defenders of free speech
when they agree, but care not when they disagree?
To make it about hypocrisy of some unnamed few
distracts from the issue, ie, was her speech so offensive
that she should be fired? I don't think so.
Okay maybe I should rephrase. I didn’t mean to imply this was self evident of the US political Right in general. I’m sorry if I did

I’m just reporting on my experiences with certain audiences of “popular” figure heads who happen to present themselves as political pundits. And who have time and again shown their own hypocrisy. Not even necessarily with regards to miss Gina either. Though the so called “fandom menace” does seem to love her now and those guys can kiss my foot. Anytime you hear of someone from Star Wars getting harassed online, yeah it’s usually by particular toxic fans (hence the fandom menace moniker) and I’m sure just some good old fashioned trolls as well.

I think it is hypocrisy. These guys champion free speech and have mocked lefties for safe spaces, only to build their own safe spaces and often block people who disagree with them. Do they represent political movements as a whole in the US? God I hope not. It’s all just meaningless time wasting online. Though not being from America I genuinely don’t know how prolific someone like Tim Pool or Ben Shapiro is. Are they relevant?

I can agree that she shouldn’t have been fired. Though the way the news presented it over here, it sounded like her contract simply expired. Also something about her tweets being linked to a death? I assume it had to do with tweeting about fraudulent election results? Right? Idk that whole dumpster fire is crazy. It was both terrifying and fascinating to watch though. I was like gawking at it all as it happened. I know it was just an extreme fringe element, but I’ve never before seen such a collective denial and temper tantrum in my life. And mostly from adults.

Disney will obviously care about its PR image so will hire and fire people based on that. Like every company has done for generations at this point. Do I agree with that? No personally I think it’s rather unethical. But that’s the thing about capitalism. Companies will chase that dollar no matter what.

I will try my best to find the now years old links. I ask for your patience, I will have to crawl through like a thousand videos whining about Brie Larson to try to find them. (It’s something of a running joke in certain geeky circles at this point.) Might ruin my YT reccs though so thanks for that

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Okay maybe I should rephrase. I didn’t mean to imply this was self evident of the US political Right in general. I’m sorry if I did

I’m just reporting on my experiences with certain audiences of “popular” figure heads who happen to present themselves as political pundits. And who have time and again shown their own hypocrisy. Not even necessarily with regards to miss Gina either. Though the so called “fandom menace” does seem to love her now and those guys can kiss my foot. Anytime you hear of someone from Star Wars getting harassed online, yeah it’s usually by particular toxic fans (hence the fandom menace moniker) and I’m sure just some good old fashioned trolls as well.

I think it is hypocrisy. These guys champion free speech and have mocked lefties for safe spaces, only to build their own safe spaces and often block people who disagree with them. Do they represent political movements as a whole in the US? God I hope not. It’s all just meaningless time wasting online. Though not being from America I genuinely don’t know how prolific someone like Tim Pool or Ben Shapiro is. Are they relevant?

I can agree that she shouldn’t have been fired. Though the way the news presented it over here, it sounded like her contract simply expired. Also something about her tweets being linked to a death? I assume it had to do with tweeting about fraudulent election results? Right? Idk that whole dumpster fire is crazy. It was both terrifying and fascinating to watch though. I was like gawking at it all as it happened. I know it was just an extreme fringe element, but I’ve never before seen such a collective denial and temper tantrum in my life. And mostly from adults.

Disney will obviously care about its PR image so will hire and fire people based on that. Like every company has done for generations at this point. Do I agree with that? No personally I think it’s rather unethical. But that’s the thing about capitalism. Companies will chase that dollar no matter what.

I will try my best to find the now years old links. I ask for your patience, I will have to crawl through like a thousand videos whining about Brie Larson to try to find them. (It’s something of a running joke in certain geeky circles at this point.) Might ruin my YT reccs though so thanks for that
OK.