• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation

i understand your point of view...but just one thing...i have no beliefs, however, i like to apreciate all beliefs. if i get to believe something, i'm affraid i might defend it with anger

anyway, thank you, all of what people says helps a lot.

Enjoy life

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
mattp said:
the soul is not immortal. Ezekial 18:4 the soul dies.
Okay! I've been trying to figure out for sure what religion you are. Now I know for sure. May will be glad to know she has some company on the forum.

Smoke

Done here.
I'd like to believe that after death, some souls return to continue learning or to tie up loose ends, and others ascend to a higher level.

But I just don't know whether there's any part or aspect of consciousness that survives after death, and I'm not convinced that anybody else knows, either. I guess we'll all find out -- or not -- in due time. ;)

mattp

MidnightBlue said:
I'd like to believe that after death, some souls return to continue learning or to tie up loose ends, and others ascend to a higher level.

But I just don't know whether there's any part or aspect of consciousness that survives after death, and I'm not convinced that anybody else knows, either. I guess we'll all find out -- or not -- in due time. ;)

Ecclesiastes 9:5 that should help.

cardero

Citizen Mod
mattp said:
the soul is not immortal. Ezekial 18:4 the soul dies.

"Yet, through various writers and various TRUTHS, I have assured everyONE that your Soul is ETERNAL and quite safe from and with ME.
This is a PROMISE to YOU from ME. For I tell YOU that I AM not a GOD of destruction but a GOD of LOVE and creation and perfection. To do damage to YOU would BE like inflicting damage on MYself. This is not GOD-like."

HELLO IT'S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Armageddon and the Apocalypse
Pg:78

Now, which do you desire it to be?

mattp

cardero said:
"Yet, through various writers and various TRUTHS, I have assured everyONE that your Soul is ETERNAL and quite safe from and with ME.
This is a PROMISE to YOU from ME. For I tell YOU that I AM not a GOD of destruction but a GOD of LOVE and creation and perfection. To do damage to YOU would BE like inflicting damage on MYself. This is not GOD-like."

Chapter: Armageddon and the Apocalypse
Pg:78

Now, which do you desire it to be?

Where in the world did that come from?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Sorry, I'm late in replying! :eek:

kai said:
do you think new souls are created and are some of us old souls

I think that all the souls there are already exist, and have existed from the point time began. I think that the impression that some souls are older than others might be that they've incarnated more often so far, or that their current incarnation is more aware of their previous ones than others around them. (Creating the appearance of them being 'old'.)

cardero

Citizen Mod
kai said:
do you think new souls are created and are some of us old souls

"Yes, ALL the time, although the number of entities that will exist has been sealed. That is why some entities YOU encounter may BE at different stages of awareness or UNDERSTANDING. These entities were, for lack of a better term "late bloomers." That does not mean that they are inferior."

Chapter: GOD's Beginnings and Our Relationship To Reality
Pg" 330

mattp

cardero said:
"Yes, ALL the time, although the number of entities that will exist has been sealed. That is why some entities YOU encounter may BE at different stages of awareness or UNDERSTANDING. These entities were, for lack of a better term "late bloomers." That does not mean that they are inferior."

Chapter: GOD's Beginnings and Our Relationship To Reality
Pg" 330

I really feel you should stop quoting that book, its makes you seem very un-inteligent, just thought you should know.

just thought. it would be great in fact to reencarnate.

but...uhmm, isn't better to live this life to help others to be happy and to be happy ourselves?
i don't know, just thnk is waist of precious life to worry about afterlife.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Carlos Andres Restrepo said:
just thought. it would be great in fact to reencarnate.

but...uhmm, isn't better to live this life to help others to be happy and to be happy ourselves?
i don't know, just thnk is waist of precious life to worry about afterlife.

Who said I'm worried about it? *grin* And I don't think that considering what might or might not happen in the afterlife prevents me from living and loving this life.

kai

ragamuffin
and this Karma thing can any one tell me about this and its link to reincarnation

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
kai said:
and this Karma thing can any one tell me about this and its link to reincarnation

Some think that one's 'karma' is the sum of every good and bad deed one has done over their lifetimes. For example, doing bad things would give you bad karma, and one would see their next life as being worse for it. (Or even the one that they're currently living.) Certain religions also indicate that the 'better' one's karma is, the higher the lifeform one will be incarnated as. (And vice versa.) I don't personally believe in this, as I think it would lead to the 'blame the victim' mentality, that, if someone were suffering, they'd done something in another life to deserve it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
kai said:
I believe we have a choice of where,what and when we want to incarnate into a physical existence or even if we want to incarnate into a physical existence at all. I am not a big believer in karma or a point system. If a few entities want to incarnate with a purpose of balance for each other that is their choice but I do not think it is a sentence or a form of penalty or even a reward.

cardero

Citizen Mod
FeathersinHair said:
Some think that one's 'karma' is the sum of every good and bad deed one has done over their lifetimes. For example, doing bad things would give you bad karma, and one would see their next life as being worse for it. (Or even the one that they're currently living.) Certain religions also indicate that the 'better' one's karma is, the higher the lifeform one will be incarnated as. (And vice versa.) I don't personally believe in this, as I think it would lead to the 'blame the victim' mentality, that, if someone were suffering, they'd done something in another life to deserve it.
That is how it has been described to me but I could never understand who was keeping score.