• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
So you can't produce any verses that allude to reincarnation. And you were a Christian for 20 years?

Sure, I can, but you will find a way to justify it. Maybe it's you who is taking it out of context.

John 1:19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”He said, “I am not.”“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”
23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

So if souls are eternal, then where were they before a baby was born? If they are eternal going forward, then they must be eternal going back as well. Hence, reincarnation...

The truth of Christ and the Bible is always offensive to the spiritually unsaved.

Or the intelligent.

Spartan

Sure, I can, but you will find a way to justify it. Maybe it's you who is taking it out of context.

John 1:19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”He said, “I am not.”“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”
23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

And how is that a reference to reincarnation?

So if souls are eternal, then where were they before a baby was born? If they are eternal going forward, then they must be eternal going back as well. Hence, reincarnation...

No. Saying they must be eternal going backwards in time is a fallacy. They're eternal going forward. God is the creator of mankind. That means there's a beginning for man.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
And how is that a reference to reincarnation?

No. Saying they must be eternal going backwards in time is a fallacy. They're eternal going forward. God is the creator of mankind. That means there's a beginning for man.

Because Elijah was dead. A fallacy...so another justification. Wow...lol

Spartan

Because Elijah was dead. A fallacy...so another justification. Wow...lol

Elijah didn't reincarnate because he never died in the first place. He was taken alive via chariot into Heaven (2 Kings 2:11).

It's believed Elijah will be one of the two witnesses in Revelation.

JJ50

Your Sodom and Gomorrah theology is an affront to God and decent people everywhere.
No decent person thinks homosexuality is wrong. Jesus could have been a homosexual for all we know, having a specific disciple whom he loved, he never condemned it.

JJ50

I'm a happy person. You, apparently not.

You seem to get your enjoyment by threatening people with your silly nonsense.
I am probably more at peace with myself than you are. I was relieved when I lost my faith, it had been a great burden during my childhood.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Twenty years as a so-called Christian and you had to have that explained to you. That's real impressive, Thirza.

How long have you been a so-called Christian? No, I understood completely. You keep using your view as the norm, but it's not. There are many views. The black and white thinkers like yourself won't ever see the transformation in the religion. It keeps people stuck at the moral and spiritual level of adolescents.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The Bible is WRONG on that issue!:mad:

He just doesn't understand the cultural context. He also seems to think that abomination is a sin, but it's just ritually unclean. Menstruation is also ritually unclean, but is it sin? No, of course not.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You folks don't like the Bible's admonitions against gay sex sin go whine elsewhere.

Abomination is not sin. Is menstruation sin? No, just ritually unclean. You don't understand the context of the situation. Life is so easy for fundies, no thinking required.