• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation Qestion

Diamond

Diamond pal, you need to take a few deep breaths and calm yourself. :)

Perhaps all that talk of hell and stuff maybe making you emotive and reactive as a reaction against past conditioning.

So just chill out. Wise ones like u and me know that heaven and hell is all in the mind.:cool:
sorry this is just how I am,trust me this is me being calm. but its good to know there are other wise ones:Dwho know the real deal

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It all depends on the belief. In Hinduism self over a finite series of lifetimes gradually earns the right to enter paradise. In Buddhism reincarnation is called rebirth, and this is about self over a finite series of lifetimes gradually accruing enough control over magic to cease existing altogether.

Depends on the Hindu, and the definition of 'paradise' varies. Moksha isn't paradise, it's just the end of the cycle. In the version I follow, its total merger with God, annihilation of the individual soul, water to water.

Diamond

The soul, according to the Bible, in Genesis, requires two things to exist, the breath of life from God, and a physical body. Without both components, there is no living soul.

Humans, any and all parts that make them human are not immortal. The very first lie ever told was that humans would not die. Those who choose a different path from Christianity are very vulnerable to the second death, they will not be made immortal by God, they will not be hideously tortured forever, they will die forever, cease to exist, they will be no more.
spoken like a true christianwho believes the bible

ajay0

Depends on the Hindu, and the definition of 'paradise' varies. Moksha isn't paradise, it's just the end of the cycle. In the version I follow, its total merger with God, annihilation of the individual soul, water to water.

Moksha is however also associated with joy and bliss of a perpetual nature , which ironically is our true nature or Self as well. Perhaps this is where the paradise/heaven connotations might be emerging from.

Last edited:

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!

Buddhism also varies. Adherents are left wondering whether their end signals total extinguishing or merging with a cosmic consciousness.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Moksha is however also associated with joy and bliss of a perpetual nature , which ironically is our true nature or Self as well. Perhaps this is where the paradise/heaven connotations might be emerging from.
Perhaps. I just prefer the simple definition, but over time it has got conflated with what causes it: nirvikalpa samadhi.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If reincarnation actually occurs what is its purpose? I ask because if I had previous life I sure don't remember it.

While I am hardly an authorized speakerperson for the (numerous) Brazilian Spiritists of the Kardecist persuasion (as a matter of fact, I am fiercely critical towards that doctrine), I have had a lot of exposure to their claims.

In that particular creed, reincarnation is usually tied to either a need to "pay past debts" and/or to a presumed desire to "accumulate merits" in order to further what I see as the central tenet of the doctrine: the idea that everyone has an individual soul that goes through many reincarnations and is destined (or even doomed) to keep increasing on its level of "spiritual evolution". Spiritists are big on estimating spiritual levels. It is a borderline currency for them, or perhaps a marker of social status, and it figures heavily on many of their decisions and statements.

It is also IMO terribly difficult to distinguish from garden variety fantasy, but maybe that is just me?

That is what I can make out of their claims while attempting to fit their shoes.

From where I stand, however, reincarnation as proposed by Kardec seems to be essentially a tool for caring for the Spiritists sense of purpose and for offering ready-made, freeform justifications and explanations for most anything. Spiritism is based on the idea of reincarnation itself, and it is all about assuring anyone willing to listen that it "has all the answers" and that without reincarnation "there would be no purpose" (presumably to existence itself).

It is not a perspective that I find healthy, but it is a very popular one. Some spiritists seem to actually believe that past lives are more relevant than current ones.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are you saying it's too fake for anyone? I'm having a tough time deconstructing your short quote.
I live among many, many reincarnationists, mainly of the Kardecist variety.

Their beliefs are by no means harmless, even for themselves. They are powerful motivators, but far too often that motivation is channelled towards being stubborn and disregarding known facts.

In a word, it breeds fanaticism.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The Bible doesn´t teach eternal torture, nor do I believe in it, so you are offended because you want to be, not by anything I have said.
God said up to third and fourth generation (Commandments).

However, there are other mentions: Ten Foundational Verses for Eternal Punishment in Hell
I don't just attack for the heck of it,but when attacked first I will,like the post I replied to telling me if I believed that witches and etc.were real,then I belong in a mental hospital,to me that was personal.if you can dish it out then accept when someone dishes it back to you.
What is the difference people see witches, demons and Satan, other people see God, angels and prophets. All the same, all without evidence.
to debate people like you,its fun to ruff yalls feathers
Yeah, ruffling feathers is fun, but choose your people to ruffle feathers. Not good to ruffle all feathers. That way your own feathers will be ruffled.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even if reincarnation weren't real, like many versions of the afterlife, it can positively motivate people who believe in it and leave those who don't believe in it unharmed.
That is true. Reincarnation in Hinduism is a motivation to do better and reap better rewards, material or spiritual.
Are you saying it's too fake for anyone? I'm having a tough time deconstructing your short quote.
Truth or fake. How does it matter if it works. Who knows if God exists or that too is a fake idea!

Last edited:

susanblange

If reincarnation actually occurs what is its purpose? I ask because if I had previous life I sure don't remember it.

If there is an incarnation (of God), there can also be reincarnation. People who die and go to Heaven become angels. If they want to live again on earth, they are allowed to do that. Both Adam/Satan and Jesus/Lucifer have been kicked out of Heaven and reincarnated. This time, both of them will go to Hell. Satan will die by the hands of God with a sword. Isaiah 27:1, Job 20:25. Lucifer will burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19. Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David and Deborah have all been reincarnated and they were sent by God. They are the adopted children of God. Psalm 45:16. "Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth".

Skwim

Veteran Member
If there is an incarnation (of God), there can also be reincarnation.
A couple of definitions so we know what we're talking about here.

"In Christian theology, the incarnation is the belief that Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, also known as God the Son or the Logos (Koine Greek for "Word"), "was made flesh" by being conceived in the womb of a woman, the Virgin Mary, also known as the Theotokos (Greek for "God-bearer"). The doctrine of the incarnation, then, entails that Jesus is fully God and fully human."
Source: Wikipedia​

re·in·car·na·tion
/ˌrēənkärˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: reincarnation
the rebirth of a soul in a new body.
Now, why does one kind of event, "incarnation" of god, make another kind of event "reincarnation" of people, possible?

People who die and go to Heaven become angels. If they want to live again on earth, they are allowed to do that.
Chapter and verse please.

Both Adam/Satan and Jesus/Lucifer have been kicked out of Heaven and reincarnated.
Chapter and verse please.

Last edited: