• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation Qestion

Diamond

10d27d3b4c12b62330d305d418b8a116.jpg

Reincarnation, no such thing.
But it is funny though.

myths-legends-buddhism-buddhists-reincarnations-reincarnated-monk-jprn605_low.jpg
How do you know it doesn't happen?

shmogie

I see you are new here. A little advice. The purpose is to discuss ideaś and concepts, not to attack people personally. When the YOU statements begin, it is personal.

The Bible doesn´t teach eternal torture, nor do I believe in it, so you are offended because you want to be, not by anything I have said.

Please submit proof to substantiate your accusation that I judge other religions and people.

Last edited by a moderator:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Please submit proof to substantiate your accusation that I judge other religions and people.

Um...
Humans, any and all parts that make them human are not immortal. The very first lie ever told was that humans would not die. Those who choose a different path from Christianity are very vulnerable to the second death, they will not be made immortal by God, they will not be hideously tortured forever, they will die forever, cease to exist, they will be no more.

Salix,
Always helpful

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Statements of theological positions are not individual judgements of people.

Saying that all evil will be destroyed is not the same as saying you are evil and you will be destroyed.

*smiles* But you didn't say that, did you?

You made a statement of generalization for all humans. Unless your post was directed toward our non-human members, you did, indeed, stand in judgment of others by stating that "those who choose a different path from Christianity [again assuming you didn't mean non-humans here] are very vulnerable to the second death, they will not be made immortal by God, they will not be hideously tortured forever, they will die forever, cease to exist, they will be no more."

Quite honestly, some might see your statement to not only as judgmental, but as proselytizing.

Before you try to take one of our new members to school with your condescending remarks about personal attacks and judgmentalism, take a look at yourself. :)

Diamond

I see you are new here. A little advice. The purpose is to discuss ideaś and concepts, not to attack people personally. When the YOU statements begin, it is personal.

The Bible doesn´t teach eternal torture, nor do I believe in it, so you are offended because you want to be, not by anything I have said.

Your post is just BS.

Your post is just BS.
I don't just attack for the heck of it,but when attacked first I will,like the post I replied to telling me if I believed that witches and etc.were real,then I belong in a mental hospital,to me that was personal.if you can dish it out then accept when someone dishes it back to you.

Diamond

Your post is just BS.
also, if putting someone in hell is not eternal torture then what is it.

Diamond

Your post is just BS.
ok, then I'll say 99% out of 100% judge other relgions and claim they are the ones that are right,so I believe your post is BS

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
What is the purpose of reincarnation?

It all depends on the belief. In Hinduism self over a finite series of lifetimes gradually earns the right to enter paradise. In Buddhism reincarnation is called rebirth, and this is about self over a finite series of lifetimes gradually accruing enough control over magic to cease existing altogether.

The matter of remembering past lives is not as widely taught as one might imagine.

Diamond

*smiles* But you didn't say that, did you?

You made a statement of generalization for all humans. Unless your post was directed toward our non-human members, you did, indeed, stand in judgment of others by stating that "those who choose a different path from Christianity [again assuming you didn't mean non-humans here] are very vulnerable to the second death, they will not be made immortal by God, they will not be hideously tortured forever, they will die forever, cease to exist, they will be no more."

Quite honestly, some might see your statement to not only as judgmental, but as proselytizing.

Before you try to take one of our new members to school with your condescending remarks about personal attacks and judgmentalism, take a look at yourself. :)
blah,blah,blah

ajay0

I'm not here to make friends at all.maybe you are.

Diamond pal, you need to take a few deep breaths and calm yourself. :)

Perhaps all that talk of hell and stuff maybe making you emotive and reactive as a reaction against past conditioning.

So just chill out. Wise ones like u and me know that heaven and hell is all in the mind.:cool: