• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reiki

Lightkeeper

Some believe that we all have healing energy within us and that we can heal ourselves and others with this energy. Do you believe this and/or have you had any experience with Reiki?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
The only way I think Reiki could work is by a vibrational means. Send a wave with a certain frequency at a cluster of molecules. If they have the same frequency, then they can be agitated to the point of bursting. Use these on diseased cells/cancer, and perhaps it could work. I believe there was one scientist who set up clinics for it. I'll dig some info up...

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I retract my previous statement. I do believe that there are... Other means... Of healing, rather then by conventional medecine, although I would not stake my life on them.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think it is the same energy, and that the people who have been 'attuned' to Reiki can simply consiously direct this energy the same way that it comes to other people naturally.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I wish my body would hurry up and heal itself. I am tired of having this cold for 3 weeks and having back pain.

I can now see everyone healing themselves from me being a pain the neck.

FBI

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Lightkeeper said:
Some believe that we all have healing energy within us and that we can heal ourselves and others with this energy. Do you believe this and/or have you had any experience with Reiki?
Hi; there are three 'levels' of profficiency in Reiki; the first is being able to heal others, the second is the same, but also with the ability to do so from a distance (using a 'photo), and the third level includes the ability to atune others so that they can practice Reiki.

I was taught to the first level; a whole week end was taken up with being taught the techniques etc. At the time I was waiting to have my right hip replaced, and was in a lot of pain. As you say, Lightkeeper, whilst channelling the energy, it is supposed to come from the Earth, through the body of the healer, who then passes it through the person being healed, back to the earth.

We virtually spent the entire time healing each other - having been 'tuned in' by the teacher. By the end of the week end, I felt no pain whatsoever from my hip, and also felt 'uplifted'. Delighted with the release from pain, I went for a long walk along the coast, on the cliffs near where we live; I felt really wonderful.

As you will probably guessed, the next morning, I could'nt move; the pain was back with a vengance. I do actually believe in the reiki healing, but have always worried that, simply to get rid of symptoms is not a good idea at all. The other thing that bothers me is that I receive healing as I heal - and that is something I feel unable to accept; my credo never allows me to profit from a good deed towards others.:)

chris9178

Can't say that I do

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
But (and I believe this only applies if you are Catholic), when Jesus entered a human body, he did wholly. He became a human, fully. (According to my catechism; we studied it during my confirmation) Therefore, any actions he took, theoretically, could be performed by another human. Disregarding what might be necessary for it, of course (Perhaps you need "God's Grace").

Master Vigil

I've done some energy healing. Alot of it is just making the person feel better by use of energizing their body. It in no way heals the certain ailments, it only gives a felling of temporary betterment. Surely this cannot heal a broken leg. But it sure can help ease the pain on the way to the hospital. Reiki is different than some energy healings because it either takes energy from below, or from above. And it is attributed to either the earth, or another planet or star or something. Chakras are not used, chi meridians are not used, etc... If it is, it was done so by the practitioner, and not from tradition. Reiki is quite common nowadays, but I think it will not last that long in the mainstream.