• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Regarding YmirGF and Eselam on Homosexuality

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
To be honest, I think YmirGF is doing a much better job at defending his position (although neither of their positions are clear). I used to belong to the camp of people who thought that your environment growing up had a lot to do with being attracted to the same sex. However, while that only contributes, it isn't the cause.

Similarly, Eselam's postulation that growing up as the only boy with two older sisters leading to homosexuality doesn't necessarily work because there are plenty of straight people who grow up in similar situations.

Anyone else have an opinion on it?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
To be honest, I think YmirGF is doing a much better job at defending his position (although neither of their positions are clear). I used to belong to the camp of people who thought that your environment growing up had a lot to do with being attracted to the same sex. However, while that only contributes, it isn't the cause.

Similarly, Eselam's postulation that growing up as the only boy with two older sisters leading to homosexuality doesn't necessarily work because there are plenty of straight people who grow up in similar situations.

Anyone else have an opinion on it?

my position regarding homosexuality is that i claim i know how it works. the example i have given about growing up and having older sisters isn't always the case and isn't always 100% that that kid will become a homosexual. i will explain this stuff in that thread, we haven't gotten much into it so i guess thats why i haven't explained much yet.

Commoner

Headache
my position regarding homosexuality is that i claim i know how it works. the example i have given about growing up and having older sisters isn't always the case and isn't always 100% that that kid will become a homosexual. i will explain this stuff in that thread, we haven't gotten much into it so i guess thats why i haven't explained much yet.

So, were those just empty words, Esalam? :shrug:

It's now been three weeks since your last post in that thread and you have yet to explain anything. What gives?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend,

jokingly!:D:D
*guess homosexuals don't leaves the holes empty! They surely plug it well.*
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This garden of eden / zannat has so many flowers as many humans each with a different colour and perfume! beautiful.

Love & rgds

MissAlice

Well I know eselam isn't the only one among many people who think it is attributed to "unnatural" and external factors. However I have to applause eselam for not coming off nearly as reactionary and insulting as many other people I've seen. TBH I probably would've thought the same had I not grown up with one and known people that were gay.

Like I said, my cousin was brought up with both a mom and dad and two other brothers. Nice people but up until he opened up to them, they were not ok with it especially his brothers. His father was brought up as a baptist and I get the feeling he had more control on the matter than my aunt. My cousin expressed how he was increasingly uncomfortable with his family after having told them so we let him live with us for a while. My aunt has since come around and communicate with him from time to time. I don't know all the details but he says he's still uncomfortable being around both his dad and brothers. He spends most of the holidays with us. So I can't say he wasn't raised the "right" way whatever the hell that means.

My half brother was raised in a single household by his biological mother. He's soon to be married to a lovely woman. However he's had a history of illegal drug abuse and theft and has had to serve time more than his fair share of going in and out of jails and institutions. He's also attending meetings and goes to church every Sunday which he didn't use to do. I really hope his past is behind him.

What I learned from this.. Well people live in so many conditions and circustances that I really can't say what causes a person to be the type of person they are. I know my brother didn't have such a great life but neither did my cousin or I. I don't think though that my cousin's upbringing had much to do with his sexuality. I had a friend who was gay and she seemingly came from a nice family and seems to have made a lot from her life. So I don't think one's sexuality has much to do with their environment. Behavior and views toward sexuality or sex....most definitely. But again there is a difference between attraction and sexual relationships. Sexuality in general seems to be so complex that it's not easy pointing out what causes certain people to be attracted to destructive relationships vs someone attracted someone only by their physical and gender characteristics.

Anyway I apologize if this post comes off too verbose and out of sequence. Just my two cents in the matter.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm a lesbian who didn't have any siblings and who had 100% straight friends throughout middle and high school. Just throwing that out there.

TJ73

I would say a least a 1/4 of the people I used to hang out with in my teen and 20's were "in the life",lol. My mother would always let me go out with gay guys cause she" didn't have to worry". I have always asked the same questions, when did you know? and what made you think you were gay? The answers vary little, in my experience. Usually around the same age I realised I liked boys, so did they. I watched a young man grow from a child to a teen and ( I'm friends with his gay uncle) we all knew he was gay from the door. He tried so hard to not be gay. No one questioned his girlfriend and her softball games and broad shoulders. I felt bad for her too. I'm sure it was hard. They wanted to get married but neither one could bear it anymore.
The only thing I find different is there are some girls that are not,IMO, organically lesbian, but do it either to be extra sexy for guys or because they can't stand any more abuse from men. But they are the exception.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I would say a least a 1/4 of the people I used to hang out with in my teen and 20's were "in the life",lol. My mother would always let me go out with gay guys cause she" didn't have to worry". I have always asked the same questions, when did you know? and what made you think you were gay? The answers vary little, in my experience. Usually around the same age I realised I liked boys, so did they. I watched a young man grow from a child to a teen and ( I'm friends with his gay uncle) we all knew he was gay from the door. He tried so hard to not be gay. No one questioned his girlfriend and her softball games and broad shoulders. I felt bad for her too. I'm sure it was hard. They wanted to get married but neither one could bear it anymore.
The only thing I find different is there are some girls that are not,IMO, organically lesbian, but do it either to be extra sexy for guys or because they can't stand any more abuse from men. But they are the exception.

We actual lesbians call those LUGs.

"Lesbian until graduation"