• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Refugee: What is the impact on a Muslim?

Anthem

"it does not really separate all other religions of itself"
OR
"it really does not separate all other religions of itself"

If your words are true, it would be great if some great Imaam tell this in great capital letters in the newspaper, so all humans know
But exactly this they do not do. I do read many times the opposite. So if some great Imaam fails to clear this doubt I fail to belief them
You can search online if you care to know. They are not responsible for your ignorance

Anthem

So you think Muslims should exploit the generosity of the sucker infidels to the max.

Gee, according to the Quran Muslims taking care of the poor and indigent fellow Muslims is a great obligation. What about that?
What about that?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You can search online if you care to know. They are not responsible for your ignorance
Indeed, they are not.

It is painfully apparent that there is no great urge among Muslims, even those in positions of supposed religious authority, to try and clarify the actual misconceptions about Islaam that survive "here in the West". Theocratic arrogance seems to be a much favored strategy instead.

It is a good thing that nevertheless we managed to learn somewhat better.

Anthem

Indeed, they are not.

It is painfully apparent that there is no great urge among Muslims, even those in positions of supposed religious authority, to try and clarify the actual misconceptions about Islaam that survive "here in the West". Theocratic arrogance seems to be a much favored strategy instead.

It is a good thing that nevertheless we managed to learn somewhat better.
Have it your way:expressionless:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

This is the third time in a row you misinterpret my words. Talking about "my ignorance". You don't know an iota about me. Your ignorance talking here

stvdv

Theocratic arrogance seems to be a much favored strategy instead

That word alone "Theocratic arrogance" says it all to me. That seems exactly the same as "spiritual ego"

In the Hindu Scriptures I once read "spiritual ego is the biggest obstacle on the spiritual path. Even God can not cure this"

Best to avoid them, and make our own plan. I trust my own interpretation of Koran better than what they try to make me believe it means

Whenever a religious person believes "my way is the highway" that person I feel I can never fully trust; they always have a hidden agenda

stvdv

So you think Muslims should exploit the generosity of the sucker infidels to the max

This word infidel is a sick word in my opinion. That the Koran uses this word makes me feel the Koran, as written, is not from God
I believe that spirituality is not about what you believe BUT about how you act in life; moral values in practice not just words
If I would use the word infidel it is only for people who use the word infidel to belittle the faith of others

"In modern literature, the term infidel includes in its scope atheists,[4][5][6] polytheists,[7] animists,[8] heathens and pagans"

Notanumber

A Free Man
This word infidel is a sick word in my opinion. That the Koran uses this word makes me feel the Koran, as written, is not from God
I believe that spirituality is not about what you believe BUT about how you act in life; moral values in practice not just words
If I would use the word infidel it is only for people who use the word infidel to belittle the faith of others

"In modern literature, the term infidel includes in its scope atheists,[4][5][6] polytheists,[7] animists,[8] heathens and pagans"

As an Atheist/Kafir, I have to look up to Infidels.

stvdv

So you are questioning whether Mohammad was a messanger of god... and that is why he wrote a bad book with contradictions? Even thou the higest Islamic scholars can show you what it really is what you see as contradiction.
The question is how to interpret them.

Exactly, it's all about interpreting. That is why I rather stick to my own wisdom, and definitely not surrender to "some Muslim scholar".

Below a few "interpretations/views" by "Al-Qaradawi" (an internationally known influential scholar; how many girls suffered because of his book?):
1): He wrote a book when he was age 61 stating about female circumcision: "I personally support this under the current circumstances in the modern world. Anyone who thinks that circumcision is the best way to protect his daughters should do it." [He read and memorized Koran by age 9 BUT still at age 61 thinks this mutilation of women is the best; tells me something about a guy]
2): Age 82 he declares "Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption ... The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them – even though they exaggerated this issue – he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them ... Allah Willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers."
3): Age 87 he declares "In February 2013, Qaradawi stated on Egyptian television that the application of the death penalty for those who leave Islam is a necessity, stating, "If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment Islam wouldn't exist today."
4): He supports suicide attacks on all Israelis, including women[97][98] since he views the Israeli society as a "completely military" society that did not include any civilians.[99] He also considers pregnant women and their unborn babies to be valid targets on the ground that the babies could grow up to join the Israeli Army
5): Qaradawi urged women to not masturbate and elaborated that its dangerous to stick things into the vagina
6): When asked about the punishment for people who "practise liwaat (sodomy) or sihaaq (lesbian activity)", al-Qaradawi replied: "The same punishment as any sexual pervert – the same as the fornicator." (MEMRI translation).[124] The punishment for fornication is lashing

But I also must say that he had a few good views. BUT above ones I find quite bad, don't you think so. And that's why I rather stay far from Muslim scholars. They tend to follow their book and forget many times to follow their heart. That is the major problem with spiritual scriptures IMO.

Anthem

Exactly, it's all about interpreting. That is why I rather stick to my own wisdom, and definitely not surrender to "some Muslim scholar".

Below a few "interpretations/views" by "Al-Qaradawi" (an internationally known influential scholar; how many girls suffered because of his book?):
1): He wrote a book when he was age 61 stating about female circumcision: "I personally support this under the current circumstances in the modern world. Anyone who thinks that circumcision is the best way to protect his daughters should do it." [He read and memorized Koran by age 9 BUT still at age 61 thinks this mutilation of women is the best; tells me something about a guy]
2): Age 82 he declares "Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption ... The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them – even though they exaggerated this issue – he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them ... Allah Willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers."
3): Age 87 he declares "In February 2013, Qaradawi stated on Egyptian television that the application of the death penalty for those who leave Islam is a necessity, stating, "If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment Islam wouldn't exist today."
4): He supports suicide attacks on all Israelis, including women[97][98] since he views the Israeli society as a "completely military" society that did not include any civilians.[99] He also considers pregnant women and their unborn babies to be valid targets on the ground that the babies could grow up to join the Israeli Army
5): Qaradawi urged women to not masturbate and elaborated that its dangerous to stick things into the vagina
6): When asked about the punishment for people who "practise liwaat (sodomy) or sihaaq (lesbian activity)", al-Qaradawi replied: "The same punishment as any sexual pervert – the same as the fornicator." (MEMRI translation).[124] The punishment for fornication is lashing

But I also must say that he had a few good views. BUT above ones I find quite bad, don't you think so. And that's why I rather stay far from Muslim scholars. They tend to follow their book and forget many times to follow their heart. That is the major problem with spiritual scriptures IMO.
Maybe not choose to read those who are part of islamic terrorists?

If all you want to do it hate, go ahead. Make your own conclusions. But I don't see a reason to pretend you try to understand when you don't.

stvdv

As an Atheist/Kafir, I have to look up to Infidels.

I do not understand. If atheist is included in "infidel" why you have to look up to infidels.

Anyway, who determines atheists to be less than non-atheists?

stvdv

Maybe not choose to read those who are part of islamic terrorists?

He could fool all these "eminent Muslim scholars" for 80 years.
Now you hopefully get my point "I am very careful believing eminent Muslim scholars"
They are just not so smart as "eminent" might imply

I do not talk negative about Islam. But I rather use my own brains when interpreting Koran verses. I am quite in tune when it comes to morals.

Terrorist? Are you sure? When were you sure about that? In 2006 he was still called "eminent Muslim scholar". Age 80.
https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=6646
In response to the question, the eminent Muslim scholar, SheikhYusuf Al-Qaradawi, states

September 2017 he was even taken of the "interpol wanted list"
Yusuf al-Qaradawi removed from Interpol wanted list

But now he seems to be convicted. Finally. My feeling was spot on.

Anthem

He could fool all these "eminent Muslim scholars" for 80 years.
Now you hopefully get my point "I am very careful believing eminent Muslim scholars"
They are just not so smart as "eminent" might imply

I do not talk negative about Islam. But I rather use my own brains when interpreting Koran verses. I am quite in tune when it comes to morals.

Terrorist? Are you sure? When were you sure about that? In 2006 he was still called "eminent Muslim scholar". Age 80.
https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=6646
In response to the question, the eminent Muslim scholar, SheikhYusuf Al-Qaradawi, states

September 2017 he was even taken of the "interpol wanted list"
Yusuf al-Qaradawi removed from Interpol wanted list

But now he seems to be convicted. Finally. My feeling was spot on.
He's been assosiated with muslim brotherhood.

stvdv

He's been assosiated with muslim brotherhood.

Muslim brotherhood sounds nice. Like in the Mosque I have been visiting we call each other brothers.

And Saudi supported "muslim brotherhood" financially. So main stream Islam seem to "like" them, or else why give them money? Maybe it can be seen as the "Islam elite" like in the west we also have the "elite". I read it is spread all over the world in 70 countries. Reading the below I can imagine they will not tolerate "eminent Muslim scholars" to go against their master plan.

Hassan al Banna, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, made the role of the organization clear: "It is the nature of Islam to dominate, not to be dominated, to impose its law on all nations and to extend its power to the entire planet." Domination, of course, implies coercion, and coercion implies the use of violence.

Trump administration wanted to call the whole organization "terrorist". But didn't go through with it. That does say a lot. All the rich people work together. Probably the "need for oil or something similar" won over the morals to call a "terrorist organization" a terrorist organization.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy...therhood-as-a-foreign-terrorist-organization/

Anthem

Muslim brotherhood sounds nice. Like in the Mosque I have been visiting we call each other brothers.

And Saudi supported "muslim brotherhood" financially. So main stream Islam seem to "like" them, or else why give them money? Maybe it can be seen as the "Islam elite" like in the west we also have the "elite". I read it is spread all over the world in 70 countries. Reading the below I can imagine they will not tolerate "eminent Muslim scholars" to go against their master plan.

Hassan al Banna, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, made the role of the organization clear: "It is the nature of Islam to dominate, not to be dominated, to impose its law on all nations and to extend its power to the entire planet." Domination, of course, implies coercion, and coercion implies the use of violence.

Trump administration wanted to call the whole organization "terrorist". But didn't go through with it. That does say a lot. All the rich people work together. Probably the "need for oil or something similar" won over the morals to call a "terrorist organization" a terrorist organization.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy...therhood-as-a-foreign-terrorist-organization/
Muslim brotherhood has many sects in it locating in different parts of the middle east. They are a terrorist organization.