• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redefining Art

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Imma let my snob fly, because "they experience sensations from the form" I have heard from an art teacher who dropped some straw-grass stuff down on a table. No effort, no intention, yet he felt something and called the result of randomness a "sculpture." I don't know how to define art, but I do believe it requires some thought and effort be put into it.
So......did the scattered straw convey anything
to you more than looking like scattered straw?

dianaiad

Well to sum the thread up, suppose it was your idea how to arrange the rocks, but you had someone else, a gardener, do it. Are you still a rock arrangement artist? :)

yes.

Unless you think that Frank Lloyd Wright cannot be called an architect unless he personally laid every foundation, installed every toilet, and plastered every wall....

Art is...something man made that makes someone else think.

At least, that's my opinion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I see.

If it helps any for purpose of discussion, my whole entire budget for the game I'm making, not including any advertising, will probably be a few hundred. If I don't spend it on art tools, I'll probably spend it on a vocal soundtrack.

Try gimp. Close to Photoshop in features at a cost of nothing.