• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Pill Blue Pill

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Namaste

So would you take the red pill and wakeup? suffer through the ignorance to know how deep the rabbit hole goes? would you answer the call to blow the trumpet, like little boy blue?

or would you take the blue pill and simply go back to sleep, dreaming, and believing?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
you won't need the pill
the next life will be one hell of a trip....

no wait.....I meant the other place

Agent

Is that it? No question about freedom of choice here. Take the pill, but remember the color makes all the difference in the world.
Socrates Cave!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is that it? No question about freedom of choice here. Take the pill, but remember the color makes all the difference in the world.
Socrates Cave!
the choice is yours to wake up or continue dreaming. enjoy the trip. see you next star fall

and thanks for the association between the allegory of the cave and alice in wonderland. i agree.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
you won't need the pill
the next life will be one hell of a trip....

no wait.....I meant the other place
each lifetime is sealed in a book and separated by the valley of the shadow. if you want to know the future, learn from the past. he who does not learn from the past, is doomed to repeat it.

god's speed in your journey. see you next star fall.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You seem to be assuming some things. Neo, is already [not]in the matrix. I never said that I was ever [not]in the matrix, you just assume that, for some reason. Not as simple as you think. Now, what is, do I know the [non]matrix, the other matrix...yes, I do, I know what that is. But, your ideas are matrix based.

The matrix isn't so black and white... You missed that, in the book , didn't you.
You think it's black and white, hence the premise...watch the movie again
so you took the red/blue pill? or you would take the red/blue pill?

the choice is to turn away/towards a thing.

janus-2080@1x.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste

So would you take the red pill and wakeup? suffer through the ignorance to know how deep the rabbit hole goes? would you answer the call to blow the trumpet, like little boy blue?

or would you take the blue pill and simply go back to sleep and dreaming, believing?

The interesting thing about that movie is that neither pill revealed the actual truth. At least in the sequels, they suggested that the red pill was just another system of control. The so-called "real world" of Zion was just another Matrix. Realizing that the red pill was another dead end which would leave me no better off than before, I might as well stay within the comfort zone of the blue pill.

I might take both pills and see what happens. I imagine that would be rather trippy.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The interesting thing about that movie is that neither pill revealed the actual truth. At least in the sequels, they suggested that the red pill was just another system of control. The so-called "real world" of Zion was just another Matrix. Realizing that the red pill was another dead end which would leave me no better off than before, I might as well stay within the comfort zone of the blue pill.

I might take both pills and see what happens. I imagine that would be rather trippy.
why would you take a pill for a condition you already have unless you contrast it to what you may not have?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I dont know, you must be joking, .

I'm not neo, dude. Your not getting this. There is no 'blue pill,' for me.

There is no blue pill, for me.

the idea implies that people are awake, or asleep. everyone is born into the system asleep and unless awakened, will continue to sleep walk through the world.

even your christianity teaches this. without the resurrection, the awakening, there is the illusion of something having power over self.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
@Fool

My Christianity doesn't teach that metaphor, you're wrong. Jesus isn't just a man, on the cross.
did jesus preach one had to be an idolater/worshiper of jesus in order to enter the kingdom of heaven?

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You brought a "god", now you're saying this thread isn't about a "god".
You brought up 'Christianity, ', now you're saying this thread isn't about Christianity.

....:exclamation:

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of Love: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

have a heart

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Still a kingdom, still a 'god', still christianity.

jesus was a jew.

salvation is of the praised

i'm sitting there in the theater, in the balcony. far above it all. you can't touch me here. i can't reach you there. i can still see you telling him that you wish you could cry. you felt nothing but abject terror. he doesn't respond with anything but silence. he didn't know what to do for you. he doesn't know what to do for himself. so you put on another mask and remind yourself the show must go on.

i can feel you now. years gone by like the wind and i cried for you.

And I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't
So here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope
It's a shot in the dark and right at my throat
'Cause looking for heaven, found the devil in me
Looking for heaven, for the devil in me
Well what the hell I'm gonna let it happen to me

Therefore rejoice, you heavens, and you that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Job 1:7
And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Job 2:2
And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people.

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

each lifetime is sealed in a book and separated by the valley of the shadow. if you want to know the future, learn from the past. he who does not learn from the past, is doomed to repeat it.

And?

Those who DO learn from the past have to suffer watching the others, repeat history yet again... as most are powerless to prevent the repetition...

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Jesus didn't practice Judaism, as Judaism, is now. So, no, quite obscure, really to say that.

jesus went to his own, to clean house. sometimes we become lost and blind to what is most important. I AM love. self knows when self is love. those who look from outside do not know until they experience it for themselves. my house will be called a house of praise, jew.

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
And?

Those who DO learn from the past have to suffer watching the others, repeat history yet again... as most are powerless to prevent the repetition...
suffer the little ones to come unto me. suffering creates temperance. without change there is no evolution. the flesh is weak and if it isn't challenged it will not become strong. it will fall, fail.

love will never fail me

For whatsoever is born of love overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even love.

vim amoris nascitur scientia

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It may be alluded to in Shakespeare's King Lear (III, vi) when Edgar, masquerading as Mad Tom, says:

Sleepest or wakest thou, jolly shepheard?
Thy sheepe be in the corne;
And for one blast of thy minikin mouth
Thy sheepe shall take no harme.[1]

12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; ***********

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my Love.

Last edited:

leroy

Namaste

or would you take the blue pill and simply go back to sleep, dreaming, and believing?
In my opinion this will be a major concern in the distant future (perhaps not so distant) virtual reality will be so realistic that people would prefer to live in the virtual world rather than in the real world,

A relevant percentage of people will drop their “real life” and connect themselves to the virtual world, they will live in a simulation without knowing that they live in the simulation.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Namaste

I suspect if there is any "waking up" to do, it's just waking up to a different dream.