• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reconsidering Non-theism

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I agree that the existence of God cannot be proven. But I think there is good philosophical justification for the kind of God I mention, a God who is good and beautiful and who did not create anything causing suffering. This is not the God of the Bible; that kind of God clearly does not exist.
You can believe whatever you want man. No judgment here.

RedDragon94

This is done easily by using a digital clock to seek messages from God in the display of clock times that add to 7 (eg 1.15, 2.41, 3.04, 4.21, 5.20, 6.10, 7.00, 8.08, 9.25, 10.33, 11.32, 12.22, etc).
How does looking at a clock and knowing it's 2:17 communicate anything besides what time it is?

RedDragon94

No, I'm not at all. It just seems to me that if you know Jesus and have Him in your life that wouldn't be a question you'd ask because you would know.
Okay, I'll play your game. So Jesus is literally here, what makes you think that?

InChrist

Free4ever
Okay, I'll play your game. So Jesus is literally here, what makes you think that?
Never mind, I don't want to play games so you don't need to keep responding.
Maybe it's my mistake. I thought I read somewhere that you were raised in church or a Christian home, so I guess I assumed you had at least been exposed to the teachings of the Bible and would know that when one is born again Jesus lives inside.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Romans 8:9-10

RedDragon94

Never mind, I don't want to play games so you don't need to keep responding.
Maybe it's my mistake. I thought I read somewhere that you were raised in church or a Christian home, so I guess I assumed you had at least been exposed to the teachings of the Bible and would know that when one is born again Jesus lives inside.
I was. I did believe that. How do you know (or I know) that's correct?
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Romans 8:9-10
Is all life sacred or just Christian lives?

Does Jesus want everyone to be saved or does pick and choose people?

If the freedom that Christ promises is literally slavery, then that's not freedom. Belonging to Jesus is not belonging to Christianity.

InChrist

Free4ever
I was. I did believe that. How do you know (or I know) that's correct?

Anyone who has been born from up knows without a doubt because their life is completely changed and the presence of Jesus is real. That's how it was for me and anyone I know who is born again.

Is all life sacred or just Christian lives?

Does Jesus want everyone to be saved or does pick and choose people?

I think the Bible indicates that all lives are valuable. I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you use the word sacred in reference to either Christians or non-Christians.

The scriptures also indicate that Jesus died for the sins of the world, so He wants everyone to be saved.

If the freedom that Christ promises is literally slavery, then that's not freedom. Belonging to Jesus is not belonging to Christianity.

Well. according the Bible and I'd say reality, too, everyone is a slave...either to sin or Christ. There are no other options. The difference is that being a slave to Christ brings liberty and freedom from the bondage of sin and death.