• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reconciling Revelation's Lake of Fire and a Loving God

How do we relate "lake of fire" with "nothing separates us from the Love of God"?

• The passage applies. But Timothy says there is a "strong delusion"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God is still loving, because it's an instant destruction not an eternal punishment

• God is still loving, because these people want to be destroyed

• I can't resolve them, so I don't believe in God

• I can't resolve them, but I think God loves us anyway

• Total voters

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Romans 8:31-39 assures as that no force can separate us from God.

But then Revelation talks about wicked people being tossed in a "lake of fire."

Now there are a number of takes on these seeming contradictions, so let's go through them.
  1. They're completely contradictory. God cannot be as loving as he says if he burns up some people in a lake of fire, so I don't believe in God (and neither should you).
  2. They're completely contradictory. But I honestly don't care because I'm a devoted believer.
  3. The passage of lake of fire is only about people who haven't found Jesus.
  4. This passage is only about those who have taken the Mark of the Beast. Possibly there is some kind of altered DNA thing, and while God does desire to save all humans (1 Timothy 2:3-4) he said nothing at all about those lizard people over there with their DNA changed by the latest vaccine/ immortality serum.
  5. This passage applies to the "wicked tenants" only. That is to say, people who govern the world in place of God, who should be doing so rightly and justly but have instead decided to oppress people.
  6. Nothing CAN separate us from the love of God. But the sinner types will be under a "strong delusion" and basically be convinced they are in a lake of fire, even if there are angels with harps all around them.
  7. God is loving, mainly because even those who are to be punished are not tormented endlessly but basically destroyed.
  8. God is loving, because those people WANT to be burned in a lake of fire. If this sounds insane, it's basically like this. Atheists and such genuinely do not want to have an afterlife. However, there is the nasty bit of a leftover soul, so the only sensible solution is to burn it up.
  9. God is loving, because even the wicked who are burned are recycled. That is to say, in the same way as ashes can be spread on crops, even the evil people are used somehow. I don't think this is biblical, because the Bible seems to reject rebirth and reincarnation, but honestly I prefer this idea, since the other ones don't satisfactorily address this conflict.

In any case, this is a real mess, so I'm interesting in how everyone reconciles these.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
  1. Nothing CAN separate us from the love of God. But the sinner types will be under a "strong delusion" and basically be convinced they are in a lake of fire, even if there are angels with harps all around them.
  2. God is loving, mainly because even those who are to be punished are not tormented endlessly but basically destroyed.
  3. God is loving, because those people WANT to be burned in a lake of fire. If this sounds insane, it's basically like this. Atheists and such genuinely do not want to have an afterlife. However, there is the nasty bit of a leftover soul, so the only sensible solution is to burn it up.
In any case, this is a real mess, so I'm interesting in how everyone reconciles these.

Right, No ' force' ( no object, no problem ) can separate us. Meaning we are the only ones that can separate oneself from God. Only we have that power.

The wicked are ' destroyed forever ' see Psalms 92:7.
Also, please notice what the Bible's definition of the lake of fire is according to Revelation 20:13-14
The lake of fire is defined as ' second death '.
Sinner Satan is wicked and Satan ends up in ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8.
Jesus destroys Satan as per Hebrews 2:14 B.
So, that symbolic lake simply stands for: destruction.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
  1. God is loving, mainly because even those who are to be punished are not tormented endlessly but basically destroyed.
  2. God is loving, because those people WANT to be burned in a lake of fire. If this sounds insane, it's basically like this. Atheists and such genuinely do not want to have an afterlife. However, there is the nasty bit of a leftover soul, so the only sensible solution is to burn it up.

Scripture informs us that death is the total price tag that sin pays, Not death plus anything else at Romans 6:23,7.
So, there was No post-mortem penalty for sinner Adam, there was No double jeopardy for Adam.
Adam did Not ' have a soul' Adam did Not ' possess a soul' rather All of Adam was a soul - Genesis 2:7 - a living soul and at death Adam was dead soul.
So, there is is Not torture after death, and that is why both Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep ' ( Not pain) in death.
- see John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Afterlife is Not biblical because afterlife implies being more alive after death than before death, the dead know nothing, nothing but sleep.
What is biblical is: resurrection. There will be a resurrection ..... Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Now there are a number of takes on these seeming contradictions, so let's go through them.
  1. They're completely contradictory. God cannot be as loving as he says if he burns up some people in a lake of fire, so I don't believe in God (and neither should you).
  2. They're completely contradictory. But I honestly don't care because I'm a devoted believer.
  4. This passage is only about those who have taken the Mark of the Beast. Possibly there is some kind of altered DNA thing, and while God does desire to save all humans (1 Timothy 2:3-4) he said nothing at all about those lizard people over there with their DNA changed by the latest vaccine/ immortality serum.
  5. This passage applies to the "wicked tenants" only. That is to say, people who govern the world in place of God, who should be doing so rightly and justly but have instead decided to oppress people.
  6. Nothing CAN separate us from the love of God. But the sinner types will be under a "strong delusion" and basically be convinced they are in a lake of fire, even if there are angels with harps all around them.
  7. God is loving, mainly because even those who are to be punished are not tormented endlessly but basically destroyed.
  8. God is loving, because those people WANT to be burned in a lake of fire. If this sounds insane, it's basically like this. Atheists and such genuinely do not want to have an afterlife. However, there is the nasty bit of a leftover soul, so the only sensible solution is to burn it up.
  9. God is loving, because even the wicked who are burned are recycled. That is to say, in the same way as ashes can be spread on crops, even the evil people are used somehow. I don't think this is biblical, because the Bible seems to reject rebirth and reincarnation, but honestly I prefer this idea, since the other ones don't satisfactorily address this conflict.

I don't see how this all can be reconciled.

This fact has nothing to do with why I don't believe in any gods. I'd have to put any stock whatsoever in order for what it says for this to be the reason I'm not a theist.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
  • If, as Deuteronomy 4:24 says: "For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a zealous God"; and
  • If, as the Kaballah teaches, "God” is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists;
  • Then as Paul says: Nothing can separate us from the love of God, who is a consuming fire.
  • There is only Heaven. Heaven is a Hell and a "lake of fire" for those who don't want to be there.
I find Adam was never offered Heaven, Adam was only offered Earth.
Adam separated himself from his God. Nothing, nor anyone else, could separate Adam from his God but Adam himself.
Everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden was a sample to enlarge and expand world wide.
Jesus promised Heaven for some like the people of Luke 22:28-30, and for the majority Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
If Heaven was the only choice there would be No need for Jesus to instruct to pray for God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) to come.....(thy kingdom come.....)
We are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come!
We are Not asked to be ' taken up ' to Jesus, nor to be ' taken away ' to Jesus, but for Jesus to come !
Come and undo all the damage on Earth that Satan and Adam brought upon humanity including ' healing ' for earth's nations. - see Revelation 22:2
' Healing ' for earth's nations to the point that No one will say, " I am sick......" - Isaiah 33:24
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
Earth and its people will be as described at Isaiah 35th chapter.

P.S. God is Not a name but simply a title such a Lord is also a title and Not a name. God nor Lord is the Tetragrammaton (YHWH)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
You are just a human being, like your human brothers and sisters, natural and standing and living on a planet named Earth, or the ancients said it was God O.

You can think.

You think about the statements of science as compared to a living human bio life, owning life by living inside of a natural heavenly gas body, and think themes told as stories that have existed being told for a very long time.

Science stories.

You think about those science stories as a living life conscious psyche. And you say, yes seems like humans a long time ago did science of God, and were burnt to death for doing SIN. Sin in scientific human determination God in the ancient past as hot burning gases.....what the theme of Satanism is...a human choice.

So humans say, yes I think I have and own a memory when humans were all burnt to death in the past on Earth by science. So then say to self, I will prove that I believe that the documents and stories are true, and named it archaeology and geology so went about my human studies and proved it true.

Life and the God mass was converted into ashes and dust and so I wrote a human dialogue memory about it, in mind conditions of when I decided to re apply science and conversion of the planet I live on again. So my psyche assessment told those stories and I told my own human self....seeing you can only tell stories consciously as a human consciousness, living as a human that a long time ago I did science that sent HUMANS to a state of Hell. Said he will, meaning male, said my will, will cause it. He he said about EL powers of God.

And said it as a male, a group of males, scientists and made all the claims as that living human and self confessed in the statements of science. I sent humans to hell he says...and knows it.

When life got irradiated attacked again, and he named it by DATA title JESUS, he looked back and did a total scientific historic assessment that said, yes I did cause it back then....lucky today various reasons did not do it to us. Instead Jesus, life was saved being sacrificed and not sent to hell as that assessment in the sciences.

Lucky for us he said, so honour my own science male reasoning, lucky to have survived rationally. What he said as he discussed life just being sacrificed instead of going to Hell...as a one of self life, only owning 100 years of life if he gets to live it....is not owner of 100 years of life if he attacks it with Sun radiation.

Reasoning. Earth is a planet with its own gas heavens. Gases burning produce light that is owned by the planet and not owned by any Sun.

Believe in the power of the Sun and you will get burnt to death, rationally.

Human reasoning as the storyteller looking back, reasoning information about human chosen science, knowing that he did it himself as the scientist....rationally.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My belief is that, if there is/was a god, it would be a being of pure love and pure logic, therefore anything devoid of compassion or reason (i.e. eternal damnation) cannot be of god. It can't be considered justice because no crime is proportionate to such a punishment, and fulfills no other purpose than sadistic gratification.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
My belief is that, if there is/was a god, it would be a being of pure love and pure logic, therefore anything devoid of compassion or reason (i.e. eternal damnation) cannot be of god. It can't be considered justice because no crime is proportionate to such a punishment, and fulfills no other purpose than sadistic gratification.
Yet all thoughts are human owned, by a living human being a human as that human, who quotes conditions about something other than self, yet you are doing all the thinking.

cataway

OK but is that to say said god can not have standards he expects should be fallowed ??

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
Life is unfair. Why would you believe that God, the omniscient creator and orchestrator of life, wouldn't also be unfair? Of course he would be.

He loves our suffering as much as our joy. God might love you, but it's a sadistic love. And, in case you couldn't tell, he definitely plays favorites.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Right, No ' force' ( no object, no problem ) can separate us. Meaning we are the only ones that can separate oneself from God. Only we have that power.

The wicked are ' destroyed forever ' see Psalms 92:7.
Also, please notice what the Bible's definition of the lake of fire is according to Revelation 20:13-14
The lake of fire is defined as ' second death '.
Sinner Satan is wicked and Satan ends up in ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8.
Jesus destroys Satan as per Hebrews 2:14 B.
So, that symbolic lake simply stands for: destruction.

But is destruction the end or not?

You see, there are many passages (here's a few) that tell us that God will always be with us.

7 Bible Verses That Reminds Us God Is With Us Always

The problem with believing this above is that it largely invalidates Jesus's death.

John 3:16-18 contains not only the passage that God so loved the world that everyone who believes in him shall be saved, but also the solution to the problem. You're already viewed as condemned otherwise.

We're talking about guilt and shame.

God is not a monster. So the idea that "I sent false prophets and you trusted them, thinking they were Jesus. Lake of fire, and second death for you!" doesn't seem to mesh up with...

"Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine. "
"That soul that all hell shall endeavor to shake, I'll never no never no never forsake. "

When you do blacksmithing, you burn something up until it melts. It becomes goo and loses all that it looked like. Iron for instance, once molten, is indistinguishable from any other molten material. It loses its identity. But to say it is destroyed is another thing entirely. What is destroyed is its past. Whatever is made now is new. The scum is pulled off, in some cases other metal has to be melted together with it to produce enough for another thing.

The Judgement Days are a melting down of several people that are mostly dross. But what little gold from many wicked people can still be turned into a new creation. They can be poured together into ingots.

Likewise Jesus talks about wheat and chaff. We just gleaned some wheat after the automatic threshers missed the edge of the field. And we'll probably do exactly what Jesus says, separate the wheat from chaff, the wheat we'll use for grain (either to plant or to bake), while the chaff we'll burn in the fire. But if you think that's the end of the story... well, ash is actually useful.

8 Uses for Wood Ash at Home and in the Garden

Not as useful as wood, which can build things, produce heat, and provide shelter. But has uses in cleaning and compost, and can raise soil pH.

We'll probably use our ash to make the soil that will help new crops grow.

I guess my question is, who gets burned up? Because "destroyed forever" seems an oversimplified statement here.

Does Gandhi? He was a just man who wanted India to have freedom. He turned the other cheek and tried to avoid violence. But he wasn't a Christian.
And how do we reconcile the difference between an Episcopalian and a Pentecostal? Both of them believe in Jesus, but go about it in a different way?

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
God is always with us he says, as he stands on a planet that he named a planet, that he named Earth, that he named as God, male human and brother agreement.

For the circumstance rationally a human named everything for his origin self male purpose and it is a spiritual story

Actually.

If any human would question self and ask why, one each self is just one each self. You then quote one planet for one human life to live naturally, and then a male by a group did science that was contradictive to the survival of self.

Review...theory, thesis, VISION, research and self want, has to exist first to motivate a human being, to want to do science, to think science, to research science for a personal motivation.

That motivation was spiritual.

The fact that we did all come from spirit eternal in our Mother or Father human being body. And the fact that originally the male self was left on Earth manifested by his owned self with the Garden Nature claiming self was trapped, so sought information to allow him to be removed.

The theme mountain mass removal by a UFO owns no fact of evidence for resource in a civilization. It owns every reason for a spiritual being to pursue information as a self motivated spiritual want to be removed, so that they could return to spirit.

And it involves coercive reasoning.

The science argument in modern times, a male mentality about science. Not about reasoning spirit, or the eternal, but references to creating in science. When science was resourced to destroy.

The spiritual argument was never between scientists, its origin was between a natural human life and the invention and motivation to reason science and the destruction attack of God O our Earth by the Sun history.

If a male knew that the Sun bored sink holes in Earth. That Earth flooded up to the mountain peaks and that the UFO attacking Earth was stopped only when matter ^ above the flooded Earth was totally removed to the water line. Why flat top mountains exist, then surely by now he has to agree that his personal motivation was to return to spirit, from whence he came.

If he activated the Earth in attack after the flooded Earth has evaporated its water mass due to space being very hot and heated by the Sun, then it is exactly why the flooded Earth story theme was real. However his secondary modern day theme is fake, for he resourced his information from the science history, first Earth science and life combustion ashes to ashes and dust to dust scenario.

Reactivated the Sun UFO attack and we were all combusted, sent to Hell, as he recants his known scientific male human history. For God the O Earth owned no control to stop him, why he says God is destructive. God however did not combust our life, the Sun UFO did.

In modern day times, after the dinosaur life and era was destroyed and asteroids returned as the wandering God stone stars, and combusted/removed life on Earth, then it was realised in our future that asteroid gases had saved life on Earth, the wandering star. Why it is discussed in literature as our Saviour.

Yet by knowing that the gases of spirit were only returned to Earth by the wandering star, to be informed also means, it is idealised into reasoning for understanding that it can also be removed if it is returned. And that reasoning belongs to science. To remove and then have replaced. Yet science in the information is not owner in any inference to removal or replacement.

Why the story and theme human male history in the sciences of the occult is real. As males themed the Universe and the cosmology then tried to coerce that they owned that information in a machine reaction as if a male is the Creator of the Universe and creation itself.

You would wonder why that sort of human reasoning was not challenged....to then realise the history of occult group control and coercion.

If science in a male life suddenly came to realise that he was wrong in the Jesus attack/sacrifice on life, then pursued information of the ancients, to conclude, that lucky the same attack on life as comparing Jesus to Moses information did not recur, then he should claim today that same luck.

Yet today he is pursuing the themes of Jesus and God as if they were real. As if the stories of a human male made him some form of powerful God. Yet in reality it is just human male egotism who makes such claims of power. The power was always natural, held naturally in creation, which science could release and unleash as he quotes, his acts of Satanic occult causes.

Today a male in science quotes, science is not Satanism. Satanism he says is some other form of belief. Actually you are wrong. Satanism is the cult/occult UFO THEMES...what we never were, conjured mass and conjured presence used to change the nature of our planet and cause phenomena to occur.

So everyone asks was Jesus real. Humans are real, yet humans in natural life actually were never named. When you realise how you have been coerced for civilization purposes then you would realize the name Jesus meant nothing of importance. The importance was that human life as human had been harmed in human science/machination. Conditions of changes to Earth fusion.

When a human writes a story for a compilation of information that involves human reasoning to impose DATA to conclude that it was real by the expression of DATA, then DATA says that the attack of phenomena did in fact historically occur.

And what does it matter what name it was given....for it was the attack on life that was the real discussion, not the title.

The power discussed in science was always owned O by the planet and not by any human.

Therefore when you review how science once expressed its symbolic power quotes in letters owning a number factor, then you realise that science lied to humanity. It always has lied to humanity about cause and effect of changes to natural...and it is via coercive human reasoning that an argument is coerced to maintain that it would be accepted.

Never in natural history has any human found it acceptable to be abused by another human being for whatever reason or cause that human or group of humans own. Being where evolution of life has taken us. To own the challenge today.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

About the poll, could almost click on "instant destruction" except for the wording to suggest that isn't an eternal punishment. It is a truly eternal punishment to be destroyed. Irreversible, eternal.

This wording you later write is closer: "7. God is loving, mainly because even those who are to be punished are not tormented endlessly but basically destroyed."

Now, I don't know whether that "perish" (John 3:16) in the "second death" (referred to many times throughout New Testament) where God will "destroy both body and soul in hell" (Matthew 10:28) would be 'instant' in the sense of instantaneous.

Just unknown. It might take seconds, and in those seconds some individuals might pay for

raping children or mass murders or brutal hours long tortures of victims for instance.

So, we don't have any idea precisely how long that "perishing" will take until complete.

But it will on the other hand be a "second death" that is real and final.

Now, this is part of why we need a Redeemer -- to save us from the accumulated wrongs we have done, even if they are so much less than mass murder, they still slowly add up over the years. Each time we insulted even a stranger. Each time we ever broke even slightly Matthew 7:12.... Even a little. Each little thing, adding up slowly, into a larger total weight, over time. For this, we need a Redeemer, to change us and cleanse us.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science coerces lies everyday. Males as a group invented science, attacked our life and then discuss by male thinking and male human advice cause and effects of conditions after life is attacked.

Which owns no common sense. Anyone would believe he is trying to convince us that we got created by destruction or attack on our already present living life forms...which takes you back to a Satanic science male confession of claiming I sent you all to Hell when I changed the body of God mass O planet Earth.

In human reality, his coercive reasoning of all of his punishments that he thinks of in his own mind...and believes in it all.

He said to his own male self, life sacrificed, that his human male baby and life continuance was Holy, and believed it, preached it, my male human life he says is Holy, so do not harm it.

Only science harmed his own human being male baby life, by his owned human being male adult life, his Father self......factually.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I guess my question is, who gets burned up? Because "destroyed forever" seems an oversimplified statement here.
Does Gandhi? He was a just man who wanted India to have freedom. He turned the other cheek and tried to avoid violence. But he wasn't a Christian.
And how do we reconcile the difference between an Episcopalian and a Pentecostal? Both of them believe in Jesus, but go about it in a different way?

In Scripture (depending on text and setting ) fire can stand for destruction or fire to purify.
The wicked destroyed forever means the wicked will be destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7- the wicked be No more - Psalms 104:35.
Evildoers will be cut off - Psalms 37:9-10; The wicked will perish ( perish meaning destroyed ) Psalms 37:20. See also verses 38,40.
Please see Jeremiah 25:31-33 speaking about the wicked ending up as manure upon Earth ( fertilizer)
Even sinner Satan will be destroyed by Jesus as per Hebrews 2:14 B.
If we want to gain everlasting life then ' repent ' if we do Not want to 'perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2 Peter 3:9.
We are all free to act responsibly toward God.
Jesus will determine who are the humble 'sheep ' or the haughty ' goats ' at the soon coming ' time of separation' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37

Since one's death is the total price tag that sin pays (Romans 6:23,7) then Gandhi has paid the asking price tag for sin.
No post-mortem penalty, No double jeopardy.
In other words, there is the Resurrection Hope for Gandhi because there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....- Acts of the Apostles 24:15

This is clearly symbolic. The Bible gives its own explanation and definition of this metaphor by stating: “This means the second death, the lake of fire.”-Revelation 20:14; 21:8.

Being symbolic, it states that death and Hades (grave) is said to be hurled into this lake of fire. Death and the grave obviously cannot be literally burned.

Moreover, the Devil, an invisible spirit creature, is thrown into the lake. Being a spirit, he cannot be hurt by literal fire.-Revelation 20:10.

Since the lake of fire represents “the second death” it is evident that the lake cannot represent the death man has inherited from Adam (Romans 5:12), nor does it refer to Hades. It, therefore, is symbolic of another kind of death, one that is without reversal. I am not aware of anywhere, in the Bible, that speaks of the “lake” as giving up those in it, as do Adamic death and Hades. (Revelation 20:13) Thus, those not found written in “the book of life,”-unrepentant opposers of God’s sovereignty-are (symbolically) hurled into the lake of fire, meaning eternal destruction, or the second death.-Revelation 20:15.

Onoma

I've yet to see anyone explain how it's an actual place, using actual New Testament Greek

Disappointing

-____-

MonkeyFire

God loves satan, and the devil hates rape and murder for his own self preservation, making HATE the anti-Christ, while God is naturally safe.