• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reconciliation is awesome!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Step 9: Made direct amends to such people, wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

So I tried to make direct amends to all the people I offended last time I got high. It's part of the 12-step program.

My behavior sent me to the Looney Bin. ( I was delusional and believed I was the devil incarnate). The only reason I didn't go to a state hospital for six months was because I had a psychiatrist who knew me better who told the other psychiatrist not to commit me there.

There was a man that I was friends with who got really ticked off at me. I told him, I really owe you an apology. He made eye contact with me , looked away and kept walking.

It felt terrible. Tonight I ran into the same guy. I told him " I really owe you an apology for how I behaved last time I was high."

He gave me a hug and said "I love you, stay away from the bull****!" It felt like a huge weight was lifted off me. I would run into this person on a daily basis and felt terrible that he would not accept my apology. I was behaving like such an imbecile and lunatic, and see why. I was pleasantly shocked to see his response tonight.

It meant the world to me. :)

Thanks be to God, and thanks to be to him. :praying:

Part of the terms of my release was that I have to meet with mental health professionals almost everyday. I'm seeking sobriety like it is the greatest treasure one can find.

Do you have a story of reconciliation in your life that you would like to share?