• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent translations of Baha'i Writings:

arthra

Baha'i
One of the exciting things about being a Baha'i are the new translations of the Writings that occur from time to time and recently the Baha'i Reference Library is featuring a section for recently translated Writings from Farsi and Arabic into English. They can be accessed at

Recent Additions – Authoritative Writings and Guidance | Bahá’í Reference Library

Recent Additions
Writings of Bahá’u’lláh
Writings and Talks of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Compilations

arthra

Baha'i
An example of one of the several new translations I found from the above:

"O God, my God! Glory be to Thee for having guided me unto the horizon of Thy Revelation, illumined me with the splendours of the light of Thy grace and mercy, caused me to speak forth Thy praise, and given me to behold that which hath been revealed by Thy Pen.

"I beseech Thee, O Thou the Lord of the kingdom of names and Fashioner of earth and heaven, by the rustling of the Divine Lote-Tree and by Thy most sweet utterance which hath enraptured the realities of all created things, to raise me up in Thy Name amidst Thy servants. I am he who hath sought in the daytime and in the night season to stand before the door of Thy bounty and to present himself before the throne of Thy justice. O Lord! Cast not away him who hath clung to the cord of Thy nearness, and deprive not him who hath directed his steps towards Thy most sublime station, the summit of glory, and the supreme objective—that station wherein every atom crieth out in the most eloquent tongue, saying:

“Earth and heaven, glory and dominion are God’s, the Almighty, the All-Glorious, the Most Bountiful!”

—Bahá’u’lláh

(Additional Prayers Revealed by Bahá’u’lláh)
www.bahai.org/r/301701477

arthra

Baha'i
Another example of a newly translated prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah:

"He is the Peerless!

"Praise be unto Thee, O Lord my God! I beseech Thee by Thy Most Exalted Name in the Tabernacle of effulgent splendour, and by Thy Most Sublime Word in the Dominion of transcendent glory, to protect this servant, who hath enjoyed companionship with Thee, hearkened unto the accents of Thy voice and recognized Thy proof. Vouchsafe, then, unto him the good of both this world and the next, and grant unto him the station of righteousness in Thy presence, that his feet may not slip from Thine all-glorious and most exalted path."

—Bahá’u’lláh

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One of the exciting things about being a Baha'i are the new translations of the Writings that occur from time to time and recently the Baha'i Reference Library is featuring a section for recently translated Writings from Farsi and Arabic into English. They can be accessed at

Recent Additions – Authoritative Writings and Guidance | Bahá’í Reference Library

Recent Additions
Writings of Bahá’u’lláh

Writings and Talks of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Compilations

These have been great to read and a couple of really helpful quotes were among these translations. I liked this one, which many people ask about;

"......As regards the question of young children and of weak, defenseless souls who are afflicted at the hands of the oppressor, in this a great wisdom is concealed. The question is one of cardinal importance, but briefly it may be stated that in the world to come a mighty recompense awaiteth such souls. Much, indeed, might be said upon this theme, and upon how the afflictions that they bear in life become a cause for them of such an outpouring of Divine mercy and bestowal as is preferable to a hundred thousand earthly comforts and to a world of growth and development in this transitory abode; but, if possible, God willing, all this will be explained to thee in detail and by word of mouth when thou arrivest here." Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks)

www.bahai.org/r/630871243

Regards Tony

arthra

Baha'i
Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Sanctify mine eye, and mine ear, and my tongue, and my spirit, and my heart, and my soul, and my body, and mine entire being from turning unto anyone but Thee. Give me then to drink from the cup that brimmeth with the sealed wine of Thy glory. “

—Baha’u’llah

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Sanctify mine eye, and mine ear, and my tongue, and my spirit, and my heart, and my soul, and my body, and mine entire being from turning unto anyone but Thee. Give me then to drink from the cup that brimmeth with the sealed wine of Thy glory. “

—Baha’u’llah

That requires a Ya Baha'u'l Abha

:)

Regards Tony