• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent Pew research in India (2021)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, intersting, but even the first page was very long and in all there are 10 pages.
People on internet do not have that much time.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah, intersting, but even the first page was very long and in all there are 10 pages.
People on internet do not have that much time.
The gist of the entire report was that Hindus, and India of all faiths is far more tolerant than some western media would have you believe. It came from a large sampling as well. Not surprising to me.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
This is what I said about it in another forum:
That is what the Pewresearch article says. I have not +/- anything.
1. Majority of people feel that they have religious freedom in India, across the religions see respecting all religions as core value.
2. See themselves as very different from other religions.
3. But will like neighbors who follow the same religion (Ghettos, nothing much to do with other religions where they live, Of course, when they go out, interacting with people of other religions will be necessary. Buddhists are most accommodating in this respect). That I think is the comfort factor ..
.. and probably the cause of caste segregation.