• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reasons to be grateful for life's challenges

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you're all well!

Wasn't sure just-where-to-post-this ...

I certainly do struggle at times to perceive "problems" as merely challenges - 36 years of living with paranoid schizophrenia is enough to test anyone's patience! :)

I have mellowed with age and now try to do what this page suggests - isn't always easy - I am a work-in-progress ...

Anyways, here is a small taste -

Let’s be clear. Challenges in and of themselves do nothing. But they create circumstances where growth can occur in ways it can’t while sailing in smoother waters.

In such moments, when we choose to rise to the occasion, we become stronger, more determined, better in so many small and large ways. We become more deeply committed to a life of purpose and meaning and personal decency as we come to feel a broader connection to the shared experience of humanity.

The full article can be viewed here -

11 Reasons to be Grateful for Life’s Trials, Challenges and Difficulties

Wishing you all the best!

:)

Hermit

As cliche as it might sound the phrase "without suffering there'd be no compassion" does ring true to me. Sometimes when someone is different from us we only begin to see them as human when we notice they can hurt the same way we do. And if we hadn't hurt ourselves we wouldn't relate to them. Suffering can be like a bridge that brings people together.