• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reaping the effects of rejecting Yahweh’s Word

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Left Coast. Good evening. It "amazes" me that people as yourself aren't concerned with the trans movement. It's unraveling the very fabric of society.

No, it isn't. It's unraveling your version of society built around patriarchal gender norms that you've been taught are divinely ordained but that we understand are cultural.

I am concerned with all the violations of the law including gun violence and war however, these things haven't entered in to my workplace.

Yet. You also live in the UK, don't you?

They are certainly other sinful things that have entered in to my workplace such as lying among service users, character assassination and other verbal infractions, however, the trans movement is by far the most far-reaching and having the most unsettling effect among service users. Therefore to answer your question, I will focus my attention on things which are harming the world and this is one of them.

"Unsettling" how, precisely? Their existence makes you uncomfortable?

Gender reassignment doesn't work.

a) that's an inaccurate generalization.
b) All trans and non-binary people dont get surgery.

Any sensible person who has undergone puberty should realize they cannot reproduce proper working genitalia for those who (say) have metoidioplasty or phalloplasty. It doesn't work. Is that transphobic to say?

What do you mean, "it doesn't work?" Doesn't work to do what? Procreate? You understand that is not the sole purpose of genitals, yes?

So what you are left with is women and men, who can't have proper sex, who have undergone surgery to look like their preferred gender, but nothing functions as it's supposed to.

You're making an unspoken assumption about why people might have sex. Consider that.

And you say this isn't harming the world?

Correct. How does the private sex lives of other consenting adults harm you?

How about the fact that the only long term study tells us that 7-10 years they are the most suicidal group, after surgery. But that’s transphobic to say. And suicide doesn't just effect those who choose to end their lives, it effects many more people - family, friends, children, wives, husbands.

It's almost like living in a transphobic society might make a trans person incredibly suicidal, even despite medical interventions. How does making them feel delusional help?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I wasn’t going to post anything today, but I heard something this week that caused me concern. As many of you know, there is a lot of change going on in our societies regarding gender rights and how someone identifies. As a mental health support worker, I’ve noticed this has come down in to my very own workplace. Women identifying as men, men identifying as women, and everything in between. You have to be careful nowadays not to call someone who is clearly woman ‘she’, or ‘her’ for fear of upsetting them. My normal choice of action is to avoid those who identify in this way. Nowadays, a person’s perceived identity is very important to them. Being mis-identified (accidentally or on purpose) is uncomfortable and can be offensive (and can be perceived as a form of harassment). Calling what is clearly a grown man, with a beard, and a low voice a ‘man’, or a ‘he’ could get you involved in an altercation.

What caught my attention was the story of a man who committed a crime, and during sentencing he said he identifies as a woman, so, he was sent to a woman’s prison. You can probably realize that such wouldn’t end well. He got several of the women there pregnant. I sigh and I pray about the evil situation we face in the world, all because Yahweh’s Word has been rejected. Yahweh has said male and female, created he them in Genesis 1:27, but people want to identify as something other than that which they were born as. Can’t people see that this confusion we are reaping, which comes from rejection of Yahweh’s Law, is getting out of hand? Men competing in women’s sports and winning all the games. How about people of a certain race, identifying as another race? Or people of a certain age, identifying as a different age to what they are? Can’t people see this is getting out of hand?

What gets me is this is even affecting children. Children are even claiming to identify as the opposite gender to which they are. Children, whose minds are unstable and who don’t even know what they themselves want.

No-one looks at the fact that sex “reassignment” doesn’t work. It’s impossible to “reassign” someone’s sex physically, and attempting to do so doesn’t produce good outcomes psychosocially. The most thorough follow-up of sex-reassigned people—extending over 30 years and conducted in Sweden, where the culture is strongly supportive of the transgendered—documents their lifelong mental unrest. Ten to 15 years after surgical reassignment, the suicide rate of those who had undergone sex-reassignment surgery rose to 20 times that of comparable peers.

Further, for those who are unwise enough to support gender reassignment, it might be worth to know that many trans people regret changing their gender. A new term I heard about was de-transitioning. You may have heard it yourself of trans people attempting to reverse their transition to a different sex. The number of young people seeking gender transition is at the highest it has ever been, but little is reported about how many of them regret the decision later, finding they are unhappy with their new gender. There’s even a charity that has been set up called The Detransition Advocacy Network, which aims to provide guidance to trans people who have undergone gender reassignment, but now want to change back to their original gender. I don’t know about you, but I feel the LGBTQ and whatever other letters are added on (I lose track) should feel ashamed. They are pushing for transitioning but they have no idea the damage that it is doing to people’s lives.

How about getting back to the Bible? We can achieve peace with our gender, with our life, when we keep Yahweh’s Law and embrace His Word. 1 Corinthians 14:33 says: “33 for Yahweh is not an Elohim of confusion, but of peace.” This world is in confusion and I’m afraid that due to the spiraling conditions of this world, the only thing that will put a stop to this evil will be when Yahshua our Savior returns and rules over this world in righteousness. Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest. This whole gender reassignment I know is an irritation to Yahweh as it is to me and it's rooted in a lack of peace. Peace is given to those who keep His Laws.

John 16:33 "These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
" 1 Corinthians 14:33 "

The above , 1 Corinthians 14:33, is not from Yeshua Messiah, please:
"33 for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the assemblies of the holy ones.
34 Let the wives be quiet in the assemblies, for it has not been permitted for them to be talking except in submission, as the law also says,"
World Messianic Bible 1 Corinthians 14
It is from Messianic Jews red letter Bible, which means that it is neither written by Yeshua Messiah nor authored by him, I understand. Right?
It is not, therefore, the teachings of Yeshua Messiah, one gathers, please.

Regards

Messianic Israelite

My understanding regarding my responsibility towards God, is to love everyone as God has created all and loves all of us unconditionally with our faults.

Who is without sin let him throw the first stone is the way I believe we need to be not judging others but ever looking to our own faults and shortcomings and what we can do to improve them. We need to cast the beam out of our own eyes first.

Hi loverofhumanity. Good evening. Let's look at the scripture you alluded to in context:

"7 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye?"

The first clause "Judge not, that ye be not judged". Does that mean we shouldn't make judgments? When I crossed the road this morning to go to work, I made a judgement i.e. when and where to cross the road. When I got up this morning, I made a judgment to say a prayer and read a Psalm. We all make judgments every day, so Yahshua couldn't possibly be asking us not to make judgments, and we know Yahshua judged the Pharisees severely, called them offspring of vipers etc. No, the scripture is about "with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged". We should judge ourselves based on the Law of Yahweh, and judge others too on the same system. That's what all of us will be judged by at the Judgment Seat.

I don't know if you have children, but if you told your child to do something like clear their room, and they turned around and said take the beam out of your own eye first, even though your own room was clean, you'd know that child was simply trying to find an excuse to get out of doing what you are telling it. In the same way, you can't use this scripture to say we shouldn't decry what is going on in our societies, not just with the LGBTQ+ issues, but other issues as well.

Messianic Israelite

So, you wouldn't mind being a slave or owning slaves? Or if a girl you cared for was raped, the only punishment for her attacker being to pay her father and then marry her? Do you think homosexuals should be put to death?

Personally, Yahweh can have his "laws" that are only for Israel. I have mine. I am for abolishing slavery, punishing (not rewarding) sex offenders and for equal treatment of all within the law (gays, lesbians, trans, etc.)

We've come a long way and we have a long journey ahead. It's still better than a defunct ancient civilization.
Hi Viker. Good evening. We don't have slaves anymore, but slaves did exist in the Bible. Is this any reason for hating Yahweh? His Laws are good Laws and you, like many others, immediately try to turn to those Laws which you know least about to taint the good Law of Yahweh. Hebrew slaves were to serve for 6 years and then let free in the 7th year (Exodus 21:1-36). They also had rights, unlike the slaves of the 17th century. If one was attacked and suffered physical damage by their masters, they were allowed to go out free. Further, when Hebrew slaves went out from their masters, they were furnished with good things such as sheep, goats etc (Deuteronomy 15:12-18). Indeed, they could in turn then become masters with their own slaves. They weren't to go out empty.

Let's now consider the laws regarding rape. Deuteronomy 22:25-27 says: "“But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death. For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her."

I hope that clarifies things.

In terms of homosexuality, the Bible calls it an abomination. Yahweh set up a system. He set up a system whereby a man, marries a woman, has sex with that woman, and produces children. Homosexuality is undermining that system and it is an abomination. But Yahshua our Saviour clearly said in Matthew 19:3-5 " And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?" He didn't say, man should marry a man, or woman should marry a woman. Yahshua was in total agreement with the Biblical Law and Yahshua was perfect.

You may hate Yahweh. I don't know why anyone should hate Yahweh. They aren't many correct paths. There is one correct path and we need to follow it if we want to make it into His glorious Kingdom.

Messianic Israelite

I realize you might think my question is absurd, but I'm going to ask it anyway. How about you and other Christians mind your own business and stop obsessing over the lives of LGBTQ+ people? I know it's hard for some Christians to keep their religious bigotry to themselves, but you can at least try. As @Left Coast pointed out, there are more pressing issues in the world that you and other bigoted Christians should be concerned about. After reading your OP, it's no wonder why Christianity is rejected by unbelievers.

Hi Sgt Pepper. I've already addressed this attitude of yours in a post yesterday. Minding one's own business is not part of Yahweh's Law of love. Love is outgoing concern. Love speaks out. Love is not this mushy, idea that is pedaled around in the world. The same sort of 'love' that accepts 'Christian atheists' which to me is mind-baffling. It should be an oxymoron, but I guess today, anything goes. If people like myself, and others, didn't speak out against infractions of the Word, you would assume that such things were fine and not a source of agitation to Yahweh. Do you have children? If you saw them, or someone else saw them heading towards a cliff, unawares of the dangers present, would you not want yourself or someone else to shout at them to warn them, better still, to go out and stop them?

Ezekiel 9:4 says: "And Yahweh said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry over all the abominations that are done in the midst thereof."

Does that say just 'sigh' in silence. No, we are to speak out, just like the people of the Bible. "And if I say, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name, then there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with forbearing, and I cannot contain." (Jeremiah 20:9)

I for one am not going to let Yahweh have to deal with this alone, but I will stand up for Yahweh and His Law. A Law that has been relegated to the junk heap of the ages by most people, when in fact it is a wonderful Law and Yahshua my Savior was perfect because He kept the Laws perfectly. That's why he became our Savior. The moral fabric of the world is unraveling through a complete rejection of Yahweh's Laws, Statutes and Judgments and shockingly, people are condemning those speaking out, rather than those who transgressing the Laws of Yahweh. So much turmoil is being sown in the world, and ruined lives because of the rejection of Yahweh's Word.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

In terms of homosexuality, the Bible calls it an abomination

Tōʻēḇā is also used in Jewish (and Christian Old Testament) scriptures to refer to:

1. idolatry or idols (Deuteronomy 7:25, Deuteronomy 13:14, Isaiah 44:19)
  2. illicit sex (e.g. prostitution, adultery, incest) (Ezekiel 16:22,58, Ezekiel 22:11, Ezekiel 33:26)
  3. illicit marriage (Deuteronomy 24:2–4)
  4. a man "lying with a man as with a woman" (see Homosexuality in the Hebrew Bible) (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 18:27–30, Leviticus 20:13)
  5. temple prostitution (1Kings 14:24)
  6. offerings from the above (Deuteronomy 23:18)
  7. child sacrifice to Molech (Jeremiah 32:35)
  8. cross-dressing (Deuteronomy 22:5)
  9. cheating in the market by using rigged weights (Deuteronomy 25:13–19, Proverbs 11:1)
  10. dishonesty (Proverbs 12:22)
  11. pride (Proverbs 16:5)
  12. unclean animals (Deuteronomy 14:3)
  13. stealing, murder, and adultery, breaking covenants (Jeremiah 7:9,10)
  14. usury, violent robbery, murder, oppressing the poor and needy, etc. (Ezekiel 18:10–13)

Many things are, including my favorite #14, which the religious right do all the time.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
There is Christianity and there is following Jesus' teachings. The former is crap and people are rejecting it. Few have issues with most of Jesus' teachings.

I believe what you said is true for most people. I've rejected Christianity after being a Christian for 30 years, but I'm OK with most of Jesus' teachings, if the Bible is accurate, that is. After studying the Bible without being under the influence of my faith in God, I'm now of the opinion that several stories in the Bible were likely copied from older pagan religions that preceded both it and Christianity.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I believe what you said is true for most people. I've rejected Christianity after being a Christian for 30 years, but I'm OK with most of Jesus' teachings, if the Bible is accurate, that is. After studying the Bible without being under the influence of my faith in God, I'm now of the opinion that several stories in the Bible were likely copied from older pagan religions that preceded both it and Christianity.

Spot on. It took me 28 years before I got the courage to walk away.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Tōʻēḇā is also used in Jewish (and Christian Old Testament) scriptures to refer to:

1. idolatry or idols (Deuteronomy 7:25, Deuteronomy 13:14, Isaiah 44:19)
  2. illicit sex (e.g. prostitution, adultery, incest) (Ezekiel 16:22,58, Ezekiel 22:11, Ezekiel 33:26)
  3. illicit marriage (Deuteronomy 24:2–4)
  4. a man "lying with a man as with a woman" (see Homosexuality in the Hebrew Bible) (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 18:27–30, Leviticus 20:13)
  5. temple prostitution (1Kings 14:24)
  6. offerings from the above (Deuteronomy 23:18)
  7. child sacrifice to Molech (Jeremiah 32:35)
  8. cross-dressing (Deuteronomy 22:5)
  9. cheating in the market by using rigged weights (Deuteronomy 25:13–19, Proverbs 11:1)
  10. dishonesty (Proverbs 12:22)
  11. pride (Proverbs 16:5)
  12. unclean animals (Deuteronomy 14:3)
  13. stealing, murder, and adultery, breaking covenants (Jeremiah 7:9,10)
  14. usury, violent robbery, murder, oppressing the poor and needy, etc. (Ezekiel 18:10–13)

Many things are, including my favorite #14, which the religious right do all the time.

Now that I'm an ex-Christian, I refuse to be preached at and lectured about "sin" by Christians who are just as guilty as anyone else for disobeying the commandments in the Bible. In spite of what most Christians seem to believe, they aren't morally superior to non-Christians. The fact is, Christians lie, steal, covet, lust, some commit adultery, some are divorced and remarried, and some are rude and arrogant. In other words, a lot of them are no different than the non-Christians they pompously judge and lecture about "sinning against God." I don't mean to sound harsh, but these judgmental Christians should learn how to mind their own business. It makes them look hypocritical. I'm ashamed to say that I used to be one of them because I was judgmental of others when I was a Christian.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Hi loverofhumanity. Good evening. Let's look at the scripture you alluded to in context:

"7 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye?"

The first clause "Judge not, that ye be not judged". Does that mean we shouldn't make judgments? When I crossed the road this morning to go to work, I made a judgement i.e. when and where to cross the road. When I got up this morning, I made a judgment to say a prayer and read a Psalm. We all make judgments every day, so Yahshua couldn't possibly be asking us not to make judgments, and we know Yahshua judged the Pharisees severely, called them offspring of vipers etc. No, the scripture is about "with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged". We should judge ourselves based on the Law of Yahweh, and judge others too on the same system. That's what all of us will be judged by at the Judgment Seat.

I don't know if you have children, but if you told your child to do something like clear their room, and they turned around and said take the beam out of your own eye first, even though your own room was clean, you'd know that child was simply trying to find an excuse to get out of doing what you are telling it. In the same way, you can't use this scripture to say we shouldn't decry what is going on in our societies, not just with the LGBTQ+ issues, but other issues as well.

Thanks for your nice reply. I think that when we speak about judgement and/or fault finding then we need to look at the context. For example, to judge Christ as false would to me be blameworthy but to counsel a child to educate it in proper behaviour would be beneficial.

My humble understanding is that we are all children of God and created in His Image so to condemn each other is to condemn God’s creation. But having said that, there is nothing wrong in my opinion with disapproving of certain behaviours.

So to me all people are God’s children and He loves them unconditionally just as the sun shines and the rain falls upon the saint and the sinner alike. LGBTQ+ or Homosexuals are fellow human beings. I am very strongly against demonising others. In the Bible it even says to love our enemies so there is no excuse for hating anyone.

People have been given freedom of choice by God Himself to choose their own path in life. Who are we to dictate whether someone must accept our religion or our beliefs or our moral standards? God even gave humans the freedom to reject God and Jesus if they so wish.

God has told us what is wrong and right, good or bad and moral or immoral. But then He’s left us with the choice of choosing the path we wish to walk.

In the end, I can counsel my children to do the right thing and give them spiritual education from God’s Holy Book, but if they chose to be homosexual or LGBT there is no way I’m going to love them any less. By the same token, I’m not going to become hostile and bitter towards society because they chose same sex marriage. No matter what choice they make, they will always remain God’s children and part of my human family.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Hi Kelly of the Phoenix. Good evening. Yahweh has a supreme form of government and it is pyramidal. In the Elohim family, there is order. The angels do his bidding. It's man that's the problem, that doesn't fulfill the directions of Yahweh's government. Judah went in to captivity. And the 10 northern tribes never returned. However, a remnant has remained to this day. They went in to captivity - we learn in the book of Lamentations and other places - for sin. During King David's reign, Yahweh's righteous form of government was elevated but even King David failed Yahweh by committing adultery with Uriah's wife. So it's best not to look at man's failings, but look at Yahweh's Elohim family and study the righteous government system through the Law of Yahweh. I'm sure you'll find it interesting.
Hi Kelly of the Phoenix. Good evening. Yahweh has a supreme form of government and it is pyramidal. In the Elohim family, there is order. The angels do his bidding. It's man that's the problem, that doesn't fulfill the directions of Yahweh's government. Judah went in to captivity. And the 10 northern tribes never returned. However, a remnant has remained to this day. They went in to captivity - we learn in the book of Lamentations and other places - for sin. During King David's reign, Yahweh's righteous form of government was elevated but even King David failed Yahweh by committing adultery with Uriah's wife. So it's best not to look at man's failings, but look at Yahweh's Elohim family and study the righteous government system through the Law of Yahweh. I'm sure you'll find it interesting.
The buck stops at the top.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is Christianity and there is following Jesus' teachings. The former is crap and people are rejecting it. Few have issues with most of Jesus' teachings.
I agree with one, the Christian are followers of Hellenist-Paul- the fake Apostle, I understand, please. Right?
Jesus and his teachings have nothing to do with the Pauline-Christianity, one gathers, please. Right?
Jesus/Yeshua was born a Jew and remained a Jewish-Messiah, one sees, please. Right?

Regards