• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really serious to know about God ? Then why dialogues ?

chinu

chinu
Taking the word "Omniscience" into consideration, life is a film / movie produced by God. Reverse and Played....
Being the producer of this movie, "He" very well knows the very next-scene (Future) in advance. So don't try to be over smart here.

IF, you are asking questions, or discussing anything about God, Creation, Purpose of life, Who am I etc. with Another person (fellow-actor). Its just mere dialogues that was told you to speak in the film / movie a long time before this film / movie was started.

BUT-IF, you are closing your eyes and asking the same kinda questions to God-Itself. Than its NOT a dialogue. Because, this time you are NOT interacting with other fellow-actors in the film / movie. This time you are interacting with the Producer (God) itself.

Conclusion is: If you are really serious to know about God, Creation, Purpose of life etc ? Close your eyes and ask questions to God itself.

Otherwise, as I already told above that.. Its just mere dialogues that was told you to speak in the film / movie a long time before this film / movie was started. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Taking the word "Omniscience" into consideration, life is a film / movie produced by God. Reverse and Played....
Being the producer of this movie, "He" very well knows the very next-scene (Future) in advance. So don't try to be over smart here.

IF, you are asking questions, or discussing anything about God, Creation, Purpose of life, Who am I etc. with Another person (fellow-actor). Its just mere dialogues that was told you to speak in the film / movie a long time before this film / movie was started.

BUT-IF, you are closing your eyes and asking the same kinda questions to God-Itself. Than its NOT a dialogue. Because, this time you are NOT interacting with other fellow-actors in the film / movie. This time you are interacting with the Producer (God) itself.

Conclusion is: If you are really serious to know about God, Creation, Purpose of life etc ? Close your eyes and ask questions to God itself.

Otherwise, as I already told above that.. Its just mere dialogues that was told you to speak in the film / movie a long time before this film / movie was started. :)
A very good OP :)

Mostly all religioues or spiritual people gain " contact" with God/Buddha through prayer or meditation. Discussion with fellow man only serve as a forum for ideas or understanding from others.

HonestJoe

If God (or anything else) can have true omniscience about the universe, everything must be predetermined. If a person within the universe is going to have a direct dialog with God at any point in time, that would also be predetermined, including Gods side of that dialog. If God can directly influence events in the universe in any way, he would need to be omniscient about him own actions too but that would mean everything he does would also be predetermined.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
If God (or anything else) can have true omniscience about the universe, everything must be predetermined. If a person within the universe is going to have a direct dialog with God at any point in time, that would also be predetermined, including Gods side of that dialog. If God can directly influence events in the universe in any way, he would need to be omniscient about him own actions too but that would mean everything he does would also be predetermined.
Define "True omniscience"
I mean, would not "true omniscience" mean that they would know the results of every single possible choice made?
And if so, then how is that predetermined?

Though I never did understand the idea that my knowing my dog will eat a steak left on the table eliminates my dogs freewill....

chinu

chinu
If God (or anything else) can have true omniscience about the universe, everything must be predetermined. If a person within the universe is going to have a direct dialog with God at any point in time, that would also be predetermined, including Gods side of that dialog.
Yes, everything is predetermined. I 100% agree on this.
If God can directly influence events in the universe in any way, he would need to be omniscient about him own actions too but that would mean everything he does would also be predetermined.
No. God need NOT to influence any event/s after the story has already been written. That because, this story/film/movie has already been written to go in the favor of God (Hero) of the story.

Like, most of the story writers wish to write their story in favor of the "Hero" of their story. :)

chinu

chinu
Define "True omniscience"
I mean, would not "true omniscience" mean that they would know the results of every single possible choice made?
And if so, then how is that predetermined?
It means, the result is already finalized and you will make all the choices according that result. :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It means, the result is already finalized and you will make all the choices according that result. :)
Ah...
So no need for legal system. right?
In fact, no need for discussion.
Since everything has already been determined....

LightofTruth

That's basically what John Calvin taught. Calvin would say that anyone who is to be saved must have God directly acting on the person and therefore the salvation of that person would be God's choice rather than the persons.
However, omniscience could also mean that God could know in advance what choice the person will make in any given situation.

chinu

chinu
However, omniscience could also mean that God could know in advance what choice the person will make in any given situation.

Again, you started doing the same thing that I warned you to do. I already suggested you ask such kinda questions to God itself :)

I already said that:

In case of omniscience,
There's NO situation, NO choices.

Only story, that has already been written a long time before it started. And there's NO choice to run out of this story/film/movie.

Wake up and ask God, NOT me or anybody here :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In case of omniscience, There's NO situation, NO choices.
Only story, that has already been written a long time before it started. And there's NO choice to run out of this story/film/movie. :)
What to ask any God and why if it is already predetermined? Que Sera Sera.

HonestJoe

No. God need NOT to influence any event/s after the story has already been written. That because, this story/film/movie has already been written to go in the favor of God (Hero) of the story.
If God has a dialog with someone, that would be influencing "the story". It would make God part of "the story" and therefore subject to the predetermination. If I was destined to have a dialog with God next Thursday afternoon, God would be destined to have a dialog with me next Thursday afternoon too.

By literal definition, omniscience must cover everything that can influence the universe. If God can influence the universe in any way, he would be part of the system. In practice, an omniscient god would have to be an absent god too.

chinu

chinu
What to ask any God and why if it is already predetermined? Que Sera Sera.
Actually, you will ask what, or when ? it is ALSO predetermined.

If really want to ask something about God, Creation etc. No need to waste your expensive time on me.
Go and ask God. :)

chinu

chinu
If God has a dialog with someone, that would be influencing "the story". It would make God part of "the story" and therefore subject to the predetermination. If I was destined to have a dialog with God next Thursday afternoon, God would be destined to have a dialog with me next Thursday afternoon too.

By literal definition, omniscience must cover everything that can influence the universe. If God can influence the universe in any way, he would be part of the system. In practice, an omniscient god would have to be an absent god too.
Your question seems very deep and interesting. And I like such questions very much.

Can you please rephrase your question by adding examples so that I could understand it properly ?

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
Ah...
So no need for legal system. right?
In fact, no need for discussion.
Since everything has already been determined....
Which individual will do a which certain action at what time.. its ALL predetermined. Even, including legal system and discussions.

Its NOT going to stop, even if anyone will try to do so. :)

chinu

chinu

God the producer. Has the remote control to PAUSE the video for a while. PLAY again after dialog. :)

LightofTruth

Again, you started doing the same thing that I warned you to do. I already suggested you ask such kinda questions to God itself :)

I already said that:

In case of omniscience,
There's NO situation, NO choices.

Only story, that has already been written a long time before it started. And there's NO choice to run out of this story/film/movie.

Wake up and ask God, NOT me or anybody here :)
I already thanked God that I'm not required to agree with you.

HonestJoe

God the producer. Has the remote control to PAUSE the video for a while. PLAY again after dialog. :)
He couldn't have a dialog with anyone inside the universe while it is paused though.

If everything is predetermined, God must be predetermined because God is part of everything (assuming God exists of course).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Actually, you will ask what, or when ? it is ALSO predetermined.
If really want to ask something about God, Creation etc. No need to waste your expensive time on me.
Go and ask God. :)
Even if God said that he created the universe, I will still ask for proof and the process. God can fool you believers, but cannot fool atheists like me easily. He should first tell me how he came to be. His creation story in six days and creating Adam from soil and Eve from his ribs is BS. That kind of answers are not going to satisfy me.

chinu

chinu
He couldn't have a dialog with anyone inside the universe while it is paused though.
Why NOT ? When paused. Its NOT universe, its paused-universe. And this pause was predetermined.

If everything is predetermined, God must be predetermined because God is part of everything (assuming God exists of course).
Yes, he dwells within "His" own creation/story like a spirit of the writer is present in writer's story. But at the same time he's apart from story.