• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Realizing that no mocking or blasphemy harms the believer in God

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I do not believe in or want to follow Allah. What do you think is going to happen to me. Your opinion.
I do not know you other then from a few answers in RF so it is impossible to answer your question without some assumtion, and since i do not wish to assume, i cant answer.

But if you watch your speech, action and thoughts and try to always be good that is a good start.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
At the moment i am sitting down studying the teaching in the Qur'an and i read this .

176. And do not be saddened by those who rush into disbelief. They will not harm God in the least. God desires to give them no share in the Hereafter. A terrible torment awaits them.
177. Those who exchange blasphemy for faith will not harm God in the least. A painful torment awaits them.
178. Those who disbelieve should not assume that We respite them for their own good. We only respite them so that they may increase in sinfulness. A humiliating torment awaits them.
179. God will not leave the believers as you are, without distinguishing the wicked from the sincere. Nor will God inform you of the future, but God elects from among His messengers whom He wills. So believe in God and His messengers. If you believe and practice piety, you will have a splendid reward.

This 4 verses in the Qur'an made me realize that no mocking or blasphemy speech should even affect my own faith and beliefs in Allah. No evil words can harm Allah, so why shuld i even try to fight back?
No need to use energy on those who do not understand or who want nothing to do with religions.

Only focus on how to better one self as a faithful believer :)

What is your understanding of this 4 verses?

That was great, As if God is saying, just leave them to me and don't be disturbed by their blasphemy and don't entertain them.

Bear Wild

I do not know you other then from a few answers in RF so it is impossible to answer your question without some assumtion, and since i do not wish to assume, i cant answer.

But if you watch your speech, action and thoughts and try to always be good that is a good start.

I am clearly telling you I do not believe in Allah or any of the Abrahamic god. Does that change your answer.

Do you know if the Sunni Islam has any influences from the pagan religions where it originated such as Zoroastrianism?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am clearly telling you I do not believe in Allah or any of the Abrahamic god. Does that change your answer.

Do you know if the Sunni Islam has any influences from the pagan religions where it originated such as Zoroastrianism?
I am fine with people do not believe the same as me, or following Islam:) you are free to believe what you do.

All i know is that the teachings in the Quran is from Allah given through Muhammad (pbuh)

Bear Wild

I am fine with people do not believe the same as me, or following Islam:) you are free to believe what you do.

All i know is that the teachings in the Quran is from Allah given through Muhammad (pbuh)

That is a wonderful answer. I only wish more would feel that way and we could live better together despite our differences in religious beliefs. I hope no one is going to be condemned to unending torment just because they have a different religious belief.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If you look at history, there are many histories we can select. History is not theology, and history is not scripture. Thus if you wish to look at history and death of people for blasphemy etc, rather than being selective against history of Muslims, why not take a holistic look and be fair? You know that William Tyndale was killed for simply translating a Bible? Many people have been killed for many reasons throughout history by so many ideologies.

Thats not scripture. So I think you have built a straw man against this thread. Its not a rare one, but still its not a fair one. You have worded your post courteously and I respect that. But your argument is a straw man.

I suspect I've worded it poorly, then.
My point wasn't supposed to be anti-Islamic at all, quite the opposite.

My thoughts (rightly or wrongly) are more around some modern fundamentalist beliefs which don't seem terribly consistent with Islamic theology over time. Ultimately I'm just encouraging @Amanaki to be a thoughtful Muslim and to check and validate his beliefs against more than just whatever he's being told.

Perhaps I did so in a clumsy fashion. That's why I didn't include references to Christianity though. I'm not suggesting other religions are better, or anything. That seems somewhat cheap in this context (not to mention that I'm not religious anyway). I'm merely suggesting that lack of personal responsibility and binary thinking are 'bad'. They have real life consequences.

I picked examples where blasphemy laws didn't harm non-believer apostates (which would be impactful for me) but instead the larger impacts of such laws on other believers who appear to be earnestly working for the betterment of their society, and are trying to introduce more thought and diversity.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If you look at history, there are many histories we can select. History is not theology, and history is not scripture. Thus if you wish to look at history and death of people for blasphemy etc, rather than being selective against history of Muslims, why not take a holistic look and be fair? You know that William Tyndale was killed for simply translating a Bible? Many people have been killed for many reasons throughout history by so many ideologies.

Thats not scripture. So I think you have built a straw man against this thread. Its not a rare one, but still its not a fair one. You have worded your post courteously and I respect that. But your argument is a straw man.

Incidentally, I went back and read my post after seeing this from you. I get how it might have come across.

My only intent was to encourage @Amanaki to be a scholarly Muslim rather than a blindly accepting one. The modern vs historical perspective I was talking about was more just around Islamic jurisprudence.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I do not think the word unconditional was used in the Quran no, but the meaning of the teaching is to love or care for everyone.
To disagree is one thing but accept that not all human beings is like our self is just as important.

Hm. I would see love and care for everyone isn't conditioned.

Is there a verse in the Quran that speaks of god caring for non-believers and love them insomuch he thinks well of their spiritual well-being and eternal well-being?

Also.

How does the Quran define love and care for everyone?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I know what prozelyting is yes. And i know what it is not. I can not see what part of discussion lead to prozelyting in this thread.

How can I say. When you say you want to (well-intentioned) give non-believers a wake-up call to spirituality, it's assuming that non-believers of any religion is at a disadvantage. Proselytizing is the need to evangelize to get people who is at a disadvantage to believe in or do X.

It's the need or feeling to convert others (or tell others so god can do so-same context). You're speaking and sharing to others in the intent that others will understand you spiritually so they will come to that same spiritual experience.

It's a pattern in all your threads. But it's a general conclusion that non-believers are seen differently than believers. But to consider this and others in consideration is, of course, your choice. But I do agree that being a bit more skeptic about your religion (I'm not one to bad mouth Islam or anything like that) or religious experience, and especially how people are reacting (and being more attentive and interested in doing so), it may strengthen your faith and your love for other people.

There needs to be some reciprocation in conversation between believers and nonbelievers. Intellect is one thing but spirituality doesn't separate intellect and spirituality. They should be one because reality is one. Spirit is one.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I suspect I've worded it poorly, then.
My point wasn't supposed to be anti-Islamic at all, quite the opposite.

My thoughts (rightly or wrongly) are more around some modern fundamentalist beliefs which don't seem terribly consistent with Islamic theology over time. Ultimately I'm just encouraging @Amanaki to be a thoughtful Muslim and to check and validate his beliefs against more than just whatever he's being told.

Perhaps I did so in a clumsy fashion. That's why I didn't include references to Christianity though. I'm not suggesting other religions are better, or anything. That seems somewhat cheap in this context (not to mention that I'm not religious anyway). I'm merely suggesting that lack of personal responsibility and binary thinking are 'bad'. They have real life consequences.

I picked examples where blasphemy laws didn't harm non-believer apostates (which would be impactful for me) but instead the larger impacts of such laws on other believers who appear to be earnestly working for the betterment of their society, and are trying to introduce more thought and diversity.

Okay I got it.

When we say theology, it is malleable. People have their own theologies. I understand that modern day Islam in some places is more tyrannical the last khalifate. You probably had taken the usual example. Pakistan. Pakistan is probably the latest, most newest, most recent Islamic majority country in the world. Yet, they are the most fanatical. How strange is that? How did a new country formed so recently become worse than the rest of the world? Is it education? Whats the sociological studies behind this?

This is a good area to study.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Incidentally, I went back and read my post after seeing this from you. I get how it might have come across.

My only intent was to encourage @Amanaki to be a scholarly Muslim rather than a blindly accepting one. The modern vs historical perspective I was talking about was more just around Islamic jurisprudence.

We will all learn and grow lewis. Thank you so much for showing character on the internet. Its so rare that its surprisingly refreshing. You are a great human being and it may show even through an avatar. It was an honour.

Cheers.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How can I say. When you say you want to (well-intentioned) give non-believers a wake-up call to spirituality, it's assuming that non-believers of any religion is at a disadvantage. Proselytizing is the need to evangelize to get people who is at a disadvantage to believe in or do X.

It's the need or feeling to convert others (or tell others so god can do so-same context). You're speaking and sharing to others in the intent that others will understand you spiritually so they will come to that same spiritual experience.

It's a pattern in all your threads. But it's a general conclusion that non-believers are seen differently than believers. But to consider this and others in consideration is, of course, your choice. But I do agree that being a bit more skeptic about your religion (I'm not one to bad mouth Islam or anything like that) or religious experience, and especially how people are reacting (and being more attentive and interested in doing so), it may strengthen your faith and your love for other people.

There needs to be some reciprocation in conversation between believers and nonbelievers. Intellect is one thing but spirituality doesn't separate intellect and spirituality. They should be one because reality is one. Spirit is one.
The wake-up call i want to give is not to turn everyto believe what i do :) it is to awaken something within those who has not seen the light of truth. And again i do not speak of only the truth i seen. Why do i want to do this?

Becausevi have compassion for those people who i believe will experience suffering in this life or after. Please understand i do not do this of selfish reason. I do not want oeople to be tormented.