• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Realizing that no mocking or blasphemy harms the believer in God

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
(I read it all)

I was wondering if you realized that this is negative thing and how one can be empathetic and agree with god on this at the same time.

Everyone has different meanings for empathy, love, peace, and respect. But I assume there is a common denominator. That, or maybe it is that you're obedient to god rather than choosing god?

I'm confused. The threads you create are actually very insightful and good, you seek peace and have it in the Muslim faith, but don't expect in gaining anything from the replies you receive (and, being honest, from the negative ones too)?
Oh i do gain understanding from all replies do not misunderstand that. I was expexting non believers to go off the rails to pick every apart of those verses, i knew that it would provoce because it so clearly explain what happens to wicced people.

But personally i am not taking the critique personally. You feel free to pick apart, but it does not change that it is Allah who knows the truth to what happens to non believers

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is your understanding of this 4 verses?
That God is not love. That God takes pleasure in the demise of others, and deliberately lets them keep doing things that displease him, so he can delight further in their destruction.

That's my takeaway from it. That, and that I'm happy not believing any of it is actually true.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That God is not love. That God takes pleasure in the demise of others, and deliberately lets them keep doing it so he can delight further in their destruction. That's my takeaway from it.
Do you expext a god someone do not believe in would love that person as much as one who dedicate his/her life to the God?
If a non believer dont care a Didly squat about God do that person expect to be taken in to Gods heaven?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you expext a god someone do not believe in would love that person as much as one who dedicate his/her life to the God?
If a non believer dont care a Didly squat about God do that person expect to be taken in to Gods heaven?

Yes.

Wouldn't a God that does otherwise be a bit egotistical?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Allow me to quote something Jesus said, and you see how it matches up with those verses:

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

~Luke 6:32-36​

Seems to me that image of God in the quran is pretty much the opposite of what Jesus taught about God.

To only love those who agree with you, is not divine love. It's emotional attachment. It's based upon pleasing one's own ego. It's a sign of emotional and spiritual immaturity.

Does a parent burn their own child in fire for being their own person and not always believing in or supporting them as their parent? That's what a Warlord might do, but not a loving parent.

shivsomashekhar

I speak only for my self here as a muslim, but i find the Qur'an to give me peace in mind, because it teach me to not raise my voice, not harm others, not to be disrespectfull to those of other religions.

With due respect, not raising your voice, not harming others and not to be disrespectful - these can all be known through plain common sense.

Why do you need a religious book to teach you basic civility?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes.

Wouldn't a God that does otherwise be a bit egotistical?
Has the non believer done anything to earn the love from God, or has the non believer just desided that he/she of course should be loved and raised to heaven when they die?

I do not believe it happens that way

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Well...if I have understood correctly...God will reward some and punish others in the afterlife .
So only God can practice justice.

Right?

Don't conflate Allah and God.

Muslims can believe whatever they want about their god, but their god appears to be extremely capricious and petty. I know this because of this passages outright say so.

In the Bible, God is described as slow to anger and quick to forgive.
In the Quran, you must follow elaborate rules, and are never sure you've done enough. And one tiny mistake could cancel it all out. These are not the same. One passage mentions Muhammad asking forgiveness 70 times a day.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Allow me to quote something Jesus said, and you see how it matches up with those verses:

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

~Luke 6:32-36​

Seems to me that image of God in the quran is pretty much the opposite of what Jesus taught about God.

To only love those who agree with you, is not divine love. It's emotional attachment. It's based upon pleasing one's own ego. It's a sign of emotional and spiritual immaturity.

Does a parent burn their own child in fire for being their own person and not always believing in or supporting them as their parent? That's what a Warlord might do, but not a loving parent.
In my understanding to get in to heaven, one must follow the teaching of the God, and gain the place by removing all our sins by doing only good deeds.

I do not sinnetrs go to heaven because there is no sin in heaven.
Just my thought

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Has the non believer done anything to earn the love from God, or has the non believer just desided that he/she of course should be loved and raised to heaven when they die?

I do not believe it happens that way

Why is love something to be earned? In my understanding, a being without ego loves without requiring that love to be reciprocated.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
With due respect, not raising your voice, not harming others and not to be disrespectful - these can all be known through plain common sense.

Why do you need a religious book to teach you basic civility?
Because i believe in the Quran being from Allah, Quran is the way for a muslim to enter heaven

shivsomashekhar

Do parents ground children to teach them or because the parents are harmed?

As I see it, it's a simple lesson in causality. One's actions carry consequences.

The difference - as I understand it - is Allah made the rule here. He chose to torment people who do not believe in him. He could have made other choices but he chose to take the vengeful route.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
In my understanding the place in heaven is only for those who are able to follow Gods teaching, and by that being loved

If someone doesn't have the mental capacity to follow God's teaching, are the doomed to a fate of torment, suffering, and pain?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my understanding to get in to heaven, one must follow the teaching of the God, and gain the place by removing all our sins by doing only good deeds.

I do not sinnetrs go to heaven because there is no sin in heaven.
Just my thought
First thing to look at is the difference in tone between those two, directly contradictory images of God. The one Jesus spoke of shows grace, forgiveness, compassion, selflessness on the part of God. Ego-less, in other words. This is something anyone who grew up with unconditionally loving parents would recognize. Thank God their parents never viewed them spitefully! :)

The image portrayed in those 4 verses you quoted from shows the opposite of that. It shows spite, threats, control issues, a 'don't mess with me because I've got all the power and will fry your butt if you don't love me, damnit!,' attitude of the emotionally impotent. This is what bad parents do. This is what people who should not have children do to their children. It's about themselves, not about the children. It's about self-power and self-glorification. "Love me", under the power of threat, is not genuine love, and has absolutely none of the rewards that showing real, genuine love does for the person.

As far as the rewards of heaven goes, that's simple. Love your neighbor as yourself. Don't threaten them with hell. Love even your enemies, as God does according to Jesus, and then you will have the rewards of love, with is heaven. To love selflessly, is its own reward. This is the teachings of all great religions.