• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reality is ambiguous

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all enjoying your time here on this planet!

Here's a little article I found almost by chance -

The bit about ambiguity is maybe scrolling half-way down the page - you can't miss it :)

The point where most people go wrong is thinking there is only one way of gaining truth, one perspective that fits on every bit of data. But describing a painting in terms of its chemical composition can be just as truthful as describing the same information, the painting, from an artistic point of view. Since they both talk a different language, they can never make a claim about what the other is saying. You can’t falsify an inner experience with scientific evidence, nor can you falsify scientific evidence with inner experience.

Read more here -

Why Open-Mindedness Should Go Hand In Hand With Skepticism

Cheers!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Very good point about truths. One must bear in mind, though, that truths are one thing, facts are another. You can state many truths about any given fact, but the fact exists independent of whatever you state about it.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very good point about truths. One must bear in mind, though, that truths are one thing, facts are another. You can state many truths about any given fact, but the fact exists independent of whatever you state about it.

Yes - I try to keep my mind open and curious at the same time.I don't always manage it ...

All the best!

:)

PureX

Veteran Member
Facts are relational. They only exist so long as the relationships that they recognize, do.