• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reality Check

kadzbiz

You may have noticed my new avatar. Why the change? I've come to realize a lot of things over the past couple of years and the significance of changing from the wise, ever-vigilant and pompus owl to the sorry looking pooch is quite appropriate in my opinion.

I thought I was smarter than I have discovered I am. Sure I have some talents in other fields of my life, but I've discovered I know a little about a lot, not vice-versa, and so, often I run out of debatable argument on RF.

But I am a happy chappy. Last year I (and my wife) was diagnosed with severe depression, and apparently had been suffering for about 10 years. The treatment over the past few months has made an incredible difference to family life. Slowly I've been coming to terms with various aspects of my life and being a semi-active member of RF is one that I've had to check. I've probably shot my mouth off too often too quick without thinking things thru which I know must have made an impression that hasn't done me any favours.

Anyway, new avatar, new font, new outlook.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You may have noticed my new avatar. Why the change? I've come to realize a lot of things over the past couple of years and the significance of changing from the wise, ever-vigilant and pompus owl to the sorry looking pooch is quite appropriate in my opinion.

I thought I was smarter than I have discovered I am. Sure I have some talents in other fields of my life, but I've discovered I know a little about a lot, not vice-versa, and so, often I run out of debatable argument on RF.

But I am a happy chappy. Last year I (and my wife) was diagnosed with severe depression, and apparently had been suffering for about 10 years. The treatment over the past few months has made an incredible difference to family life. Slowly I've been coming to terms with various aspects of my life and being a semi-active member of RF is one that I've had to check. I've probably shot my mouth off too often too quick without thinking things thru which I know must have made an impression that hasn't done me any favours.

Anyway, new avatar, new font, new outlook.

Realisation and change goes hand in hand. Best wishes. -NM- :)

no_spoon

There are those in my family who suffered from severe depression also, and so I understand to some extent the hardships you endured. You probably have already been cautioned but it is important to continue your treatment since severe depression is not a mood but a physical condition.

I like your new avatar and font, and I rejoice with you in the start of your new life!

kadzbiz

Realisation and change goes hand in hand. Best wishes. -NM- :)

Indeed. Thanks.

.... You probably have already been cautioned but it is important to continue your treatment since severe depression is not a mood but a physical condition......

Yes, it's a long road for sure. I progressed so well with my cognative therapy that, for now, it is complete. A physical condition that can be modified with the help of medication and self modification, with the eventual weening off meds. (IOU frubals btw)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Hey man,

Know where you are coming from in every regard at this point in your life path. Try to stay aware of what goes on around you- is the best advice I have, sorry it's not that much. If you practise it you will see how it helps in drawing you out of your inner mental circles.

Anyway, good luck and if you want to chat PM me some time. I've been dealing with the same thing all my life and understand how stagnating it can become without appropriate prodding. My g/f uses the electric cattle prod because I'm so stubborn.

;) Chris

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I liked the owl also, but the new avatar is a new refreshing start. I have also dealt with depression, so I can understand the need to revive and make changes to get your self out of that old routine....
Keep going it looks like your about to win the battle, I hope you and your wife have much happiness in the coming years......;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I like the Owl and the Dog..But what you like is whats important.

But I will stil always picture you as an owl looking back and forth IRL...LOL!!

Love

Dallas

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The puppy avatar reminds me of the Schnauzer:

(seen here, with my Baggins)

(I couldn't get my facebook albums to load beyond the first page... This was the only pic-cha of his face I could find)