• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real purpose of the Oklevueha Native American Church?

plunkett

I mean NOT to offend anyone, so please don't take any offense.

Although I am basically Christian, I continually search for a path to better understand God in whatever form he/she truly exists. I won't renounce by Christianity but I have studied Buddhism in search of the path and I have read some about different Native American religions and they seem like they may be compatible with the way I see the world.

I have read in this forum that the religions are not valid away from their cultures and I completely understand and agree with that. Yet, I hope there is someway for non-indeginous folks to learn something.

I found the web site to the "Oklevueha Native American Church". Many of the principles and the videos of members talking about what might be described as the "path" seem like they may have something to offer me. However, I am concerned with the emphasis (emphasis, not presence) placed on Peyote. Is the ONAC truly established as a way to find the "Creator" or is it just a way to skirt the laws on peyote use?