• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reagan

If only our current President were as great a communicator as he was. Where are you when we need you, Ron?

Goodbye to a man I've only read about in my textbooks, but who I wish I had met. :cry:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Ronald Reagan was a gifted, intelligent man it would seem. People who knew him spoke warmly and that is why it is a great shame he died recently.

As a president of the USA and a politician though he was definitely an enemy of the working class. Along with Margaret Thatcher's Conservative governmnet here in the UK Ronald Reagan's govt. took power and freedoms from the public and began handing them to private interests. He was all for business and privitisation which is good if you're a multi-millionaire but not if you're a factory worker. Tax cuts for the rich are handy when you own Microsoft but when you don't even own you're own house and pay higher taxes than the richest people in the country it appears a tad unfair perhaps.

I apologise if anyone takes offence as I realise most people believe he was a good man. And I do concede that as an individual he would probably have held the health of the USA close to his heart.

Yerda

Veteran Member
It appears some of what I typed is not accurate. A friend of mine has informed me that Ronald Reagan was really a bit thick. Never trust the BBC.

Ceridwen018

Into experimentation is right...which would perhaps explain why I'm into you! (ba-da, ching!) :lol: *muah!*

Anywho, back on topic--

He was obviously such a good speaker because of being such a public figure as an actor. Maybe Shwarzenegger (sp? lol) is on the right track...well, maybe not him personally!