• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reading the Quran

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Yup. Here it says ''And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.''
It shows that humans have their own judgement.

So far, this all seems pretty mundane. Any other important ideas you've gleaned?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the Quran, in the beginning, it says ''In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. [All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds -''

Yup. Here it says ''And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.''
It shows that humans have their own judgement.
So far, this all seems pretty mundane. Any other important ideas you've gleaned?

Mundane?

I don't understand. What kind of mundane? :emojconfused:

The Two verses quoted contain a Universe of Meaning. What syo sees in those verses is up to him, but I agree they are powerful, they are immense and they are all embracing.

The spiritual virtues and Message contained within them have manifold material possibilities and both pave the way for the unity of the entire human race, which in turn will release great knowledge in science.

Such is the Word of G_d/God/Allah.

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yesterday I started reading the Quran. So far, I think it's one of the greatest books ever written! It's beautiful!
It is now one and a half years since one started reading Quran. Have you finished it yet, please?
Does the Quran answer questions arising in one's heart, please?
Regards

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a note to the first verse which to me is my favorite verse in the Quran.

In Arabic, the same word is used for both title and name. What's the difference between name of God and a title of God? It seems the name of God is a chosen title from titles.

But what title will be chosen, when many are synonymous and in which language?

"By" suggests we can somehow hold on to and are connected to "the name of God" which to me is a metaphor for the reminder and Imams - the rope of God reality - Quran and Ahlulbayt in our time - the face of God, his light -"The Compassionate" is such that he wants everyone to come to his mercy "The Compassionate (2nd time)" is that he is intensely compassionate, and this is what he created us all for, but only believers will receive the 2nd for, while the first form means God wants everyone to meet the 2nd form.

In Surah Fatiha, this line appears alone. In every other Surah it has other words added with it.

For example, the 2nd Surah it's

By the name of God, the Compassionate, the Compassionate (intensely) Alif Lam Meem.

There is 114 verses that have this line in Quran, twice in Surah Naml, and all but one Surah all begin to be making a statement about this and begin with it.

It said all the Quran is somehow contained in this one verse.