• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Read the Bible prayerfully

Shtef

Just recently I've been reading a little on near death experiences and those that have had them claim to have met and spoken with Jesus. Cool!

Now, one of the first questions they ask him is whether or not the Bible is true. Jesus answers yes but advises that we should read it prayerfully and not literally in order to obtain it's true spiritual teachings.

What the near death experiencers don't go on to say is how one should go about reading the Bible prayerfully. What does this mean? How would you do it?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
I pray asking the Holy Spirit to teach me what He wants me to learn from the Scripture I'm reading. When I'm done, I thank Him for letting me believe and for letting me learn from the Word. I ask Him to give me the strength and wisdom to apply His Word faithfully in my daily life.

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
Well...

Last night, I was meditating on my bed. I felt compelled to open my eyes. When I did, I looked at my globe on the other side of the room. I could easily imagine the true significance of the thing - I saw the real earth, with it's atmosphere and the details of it's core. I then turned to my Bible, and read it - and I really got what it was saying :)

I suppose thats what they mean by reading it prayerfully.