• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reaching out to Muslims in a time of hate

Riders

I just thought it might be a good time sometime to visit the Islamic center in mesquite and just offer my support and let them know if they are in need of anything I'm here.

Its my way of reacting to the shootings, I think its a good time for all of us to reach out to people and communities we don't usually accept or those of us we are not accustomed to supporting. If we are white inw white neighborhoods reach put to those of different color.

If your in an all black neighborhood reach out to your white neighbor, I think having dinner with people we don;t normally socialize with making an effort to be at peace and to love our neighbors.

I am Universalist at heart, Id like our Muslim neighbors to know I am here for them. Id like them to know that the non Muslim community supports them.

I did hear a year or 2 ago someone from CNN call for us to sit down and have dinner with people we don't normally reach out to and those who are different then us, particularly someone of a different race or religion we don't usually associate with.

Id like to visit the Islams of our community and offer my support......but inviting myself to a service seems rediculous.......... I did post on their sight on facebook let them know Id like to visit sometime But don't the women usually stay in one place and the men in another i mean its not a service I can just walk into right?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I just thought it might be a good time sometime to visit the Islamic center in mesquite and just offer my support and let them know if they are in need of anything I'm here.

Its my way of reacting to the shootings, I think its a good time for all of us to reach out to people and communities we don't usually accept or those of us we are not accustomed to supporting. If we are white inw white neighborhoods reach put to those of different color.

If your in an all black neighborhood reach out to your white neighbor, I think having dinner with people we don;t normally socialize with making an effort to be at peace and to love our neighbors.

I am Universalist at heart, Id like our Muslim neighbors to know I am here for them. Id like them to know that the non Muslim community supports them.

I did hear a year or 2 ago someone from CNN call for us to sit down and have dinner with people we don't normally reach out to and those who are different then us, particularly someone of a different race or religion we don't usually associate with.

Id like to visit the Islams of our community and offer my support......but inviting myself to a service seems rediculous.......... I did post on their sight on facebook let them know Id like to visit sometime But don't the women usually stay in one place and the men in another i mean its not a service I can just walk into right?
If you wish to go to their mosque it is also good to cove your hair :) And yes females and males do most often not sit in the same room under the prayer. If you go to the mosque, just wait outside it until a female Muslim come, then ask if you can be allowed to go in together with her :)
I am no expert on how Muslim etiquette is, but i think you are safe if you first speak with the women there.

Riders

If you wish to go to their mosque it is also good to cove your hair :) And yes females and males do most often not sit in the same room under the prayer. If you go to the mosque, just wait outside it until a female Muslim come, then ask if you can be allowed to go in together with her :)
I am no expert on how Muslim etiquette is, but i think you are safe if you first speak with the women there.

Thankyou for that.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Well...that ought to go a long way in making you feel welcomed by your Muslim neighbors...just sayin'.

Earthtank

Amazing and great post. My wife and I visited our mosque in the past. My wife was not covered and it was all good. Just walk in and go to the office and let them know why you are there. I am pretty sure they will be very welcoming. While my wife did not cover up when we got there, since we knew 0, I'd suggest, just as a sign of respect and doing your homework maybe do it to show them "im trying"