• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Re:Tibetan Buddhism

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
**mod edit**

ethnic Tibetan, no, but for a while I was a Diamond Way Buddhist, one of the most controversial groups that, at least in Germany, massively promotes itself on the Internet. We worshipped a Dalai Lama-like leader called Karmapa (there is a schism between Diamond Way and ethnic Tibetan Buddhists over the current Karmapa). The tradition he comes from is called Karma Kagyu. At the meetings we chanted "Karmapa chenno" on malas, did a guided meditation and sang a hymn in Tibetan in honor of Mahakala/Black Cloak, a wrathful Buddha form. In particular, the image of Mahakala was deeply imprinted in my subconscious and later gave me nightmares. I finally found out from Wikipedia that Mahakala is a form of Yama, the god of death. Accordingly, based on my experience I would advise caution with Tibetan Buddhism. It is always said that it can be dangerous and that you need a spiritual guide, but in my opinion, most groups are just not able to provide real, individual spiritual guidance. If you just want to satisfy your curiosity, you might want to read the Tibetan Book of the Dead Bardo Thodol to get an idea of what Tibetan Buddhism is like.

@Ashoka

Last edited by a moderator:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Mahakala is best applied inwardly to ferret out and transform any of the Poisons you find within instead of repressing them.

crossfire

Premium Member
Well, somebody should tell that to Diamond Way. :cool:
I suppose projecting Mahakala outwardly would be one way to expose the Poisons within. ;)

wait for it...

homersimpsondoh.png

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
Tibetian Magick is associated with colors. Black Magick is about transforming hatred into compassion (skillful means.)