• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Re-introducing Starry.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Hey everyone. It's been a while. Over a couple of years since I was active. Figured it would be good to re-introduce myself.

In 2017 I began worshiping with a Jewish community and completed a Conservative geirus the following year. I plunged headfirst into Jewish living and practice. I even spent time in Jerusalem studying at a Yeshiva.

My time in Jerusalem would prove to be one of the worst times of my life, for a number of reasons that would take too long for a thread.

Long story short, in early 2020 just after the pandemic really hit, I found myself being pulled back to Christ. That led me to find an amazing Catholic parish with compassionate & affirming priests. I eventually did RCIA and was confirmed as a Roman Catholic.

I still very much consider myself Catholic, with a strong faith in Christ, the Blessed Virgin, and the Saints. However, my faith in the institutional Church is hanging by a thread and as of late I have little to no hope for it.

Right now my Catholicism is more focused on my home devotions and practice. Looking into folk practices and devotions that the Church may or may not like. Then again, the Church doesn't like that I'm a gay man in a relationship, so what's one more thing that it objects to? I still go to mass as an obligation, but I get more out of praying the rosary or a novena.

I don't know if I'm going to be super active, but I still wanted to pop in and say hi again.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey everyone. It's been a while. Over a couple of years since I was active. Figured it would be good to re-introduce myself.

In 2017 I began worshiping with a Jewish community and completed a Conservative geirus the following year. I plunged headfirst into Jewish living and practice. I even spent time in Jerusalem studying at a Yeshiva.

My time in Jerusalem would prove to be one of the worst times of my life, for a number of reasons that would take too long for a thread.

Long story short, in early 2020 just after the pandemic really hit, I found myself being pulled back to Christ. That led me to find an amazing Catholic parish with compassionate & affirming priests. I eventually did RCIA and was confirmed as a Roman Catholic.

I still very much consider myself Catholic, with a strong faith in Christ, the Blessed Virgin, and the Saints. However, my faith in the institutional Church is hanging by a thread and as of late I have little to no hope for it.

Right now my Catholicism is more focused on my home devotions and practice. Looking into folk practices and devotions that the Church may or may not like. Then again, the Church doesn't like that I'm a gay man in a relationship, so what's one more thing that it objects to? I still go to mass as an obligation, but I get more out of praying the rosary or a novena.

I don't know if I'm going to be super active, but I still wanted to pop in and say hi again.

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing a bit of your story. :) I look forward to reading your perspective.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Welcome back. I think the institution of various churches is dying and what you're now doing is something we'll see more of.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

upload_2021-7-14_15-36-11.gif