• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ravi Zacharias, critical reviews?

One of my sons has discovered God or been discovered by God and He gave me a copy of Ravi Zacharias "Jesus among other gods". I always check the reviews of any books that I think may be worth reading yet I am unable to find any critical reviews of this book as though the Internet has been smothered with positive reviews. Is this because there are no critical reviews?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Of the 311 reviews on Amazon, 5% were one out of five. But yes, there are certain types of religious authors who can get their flock to write positive reviews on their behalf. So the whole idea of reviewing gets skewed. If I were you, I'd just read the book, and then decide for myself.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
One of my sons has discovered God or been discovered by God and He gave me a copy of Ravi Zacharias "Jesus among other gods". I always check the reviews of any books that I think may be worth reading yet I am unable to find any critical reviews of this book as though the Internet has been smothered with positive reviews. Is this because there are no critical reviews?
It's a Christian devotional, not an actual comparison of Christianity and the Nazarene with other faiths. It's a pretty poor work, if I'm honest.

whirlingmerc

I like Ravi Zechariah' material but it's a bit harder to wade through that say Sproul who is harder at times than Piper He has some good debates with others on line

and on the issue of whether science had disproved the Bible

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
I enjoy listening to Ravi. He has a way with debating those of opposing views without ridiculing them. I appreciate that.