• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ravens in the bird bath.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This morning, our usual little bird bath , out there for the sparrows and robins, had a pair of ravens come in. They did their thing, splashing about, having raving good time. (according to Boss, I wasn't home) Very interesting birds. The pair that live around here somewhere act like they own the neighbourhood. I hope they come back for another bath.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Corvid are amazing birds. I live in Portland, Oregon where they've become a 'nuisance' bird. They adapted so well to urban life that colonies of hundreds live in the trees of our parks. They even tried to use falconers and their partners to drive them off but the crows understood that they had the numbers to beat the raptor and drove them off instead.
The only problem is city life is so easy for them that when they get bored they will turn their amazing intelligence and attention on predating other birds. Driving them into windows, raiding nests and not even really eating much of what they kill.

I guess they're rather like us in that respect.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ravens are considered sacred birds by Celts and Native Americans and others.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Corvid are amazing birds. I live in Portland, Oregon where they've become a 'nuisance' bird. They adapted so well to urban life that colonies of hundreds live in the trees of our parks. They even tried to use falconers and their partners to drive them off but the crows understood that they had the numbers to beat the raptor and drove them off instead.
The only problem is city life is so easy for them that when they get bored they will turn their amazing intelligence and attention on predating other birds. Driving them into windows, raiding nests and not even really eating much of what they kill.

I guess they're rather like us in that respect.

Yeah, just shoot them. Probably no limit to how many you can shoot in a day. For the sake of the other birds.

top.jpg

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like murder just for the sake of it.

ADA, do you know if their populations are the same in the Seattle area?
Not sure! Portland is a lot smaller than Seattle so even if the population were about the same it'd be over a much smaller area. There was thus awesome picture taken by our local newspaper though.
When the snowstorm hit last year it highlighted how many were sheltering in the trees.
C24rcFKVQAAIKtd.jpg:large

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, just shoot them. Probably no limit to how many you can shoot in a day. For the sake of the other birds.

top.jpg
You can't legally hunt anything inside city limits. But yes, outside the city crow hunting is a thing in season and if it's on your license.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Not sure! Portland is a lot smaller than Seattle so even if the population were about the same it'd be over a much smaller area. There was thus awesome picture taken by our local newspaper though.
When the snowstorm hit last year it highlighted how many were sheltering in the trees.
C24rcFKVQAAIKtd.jpg:large
I remember seeing this photo online. Holy crap was it beautiful. Too bad Ohio doesn't get much snow... >_>