• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ratko Mladic

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is great news indeed, regardless of how late it is. Better late than never. I can't come up with any explanation to your question, as i'm puzzled by it myself. This was the only thing that suggested a possible explanation for me, it was in the article:

Mladic's arrest is very important for the Serbian authorities as the situation around the wanted general was one of the main barriers on the country's path to the European Union.

BBC News - Ratko Mladic arrest in Serbia grips Europe's media

A similar point has been raised in Bin Laden's case, some form of political gain that is. Nothing really makes this likely as far as i'm aware, but like i said its actually the only possible explanation i can think of.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have always wondered why Serbia does not link up with Russia, rather than the EU.
They are far more at home with other Slavs.
It seems very few of them have anything bad to say against Mladic. And todays demonstrations show he has a small but very determined set of supporters, who see him as a hero. They are probably still the most anti- Muslim state in Europe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why such hatred for the guy?
His son said he had no idea the pogrom was going on. Who would better know the truth?
It sounds like he's just a hapless wide eyed innocent being used as a scapegoat by The Man.
Free Rdkmvldvch.....or whatever his name is!

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
UN prosecutors gather ‘massive amount’ of evidence in Mladic case;

The slaughter was of such a scale that tribunal judges have dropped legal niceties in describing it. One verdict said the weeklong bloodbath involved crimes “committed with a level of brutality and depravity not previously seen in Yugoslavia ... and are among the darkest days in modern European history.”

UN prosecutors gather ‘massive amount’ of evidence in Mladic case - The Globe and Mail

Forensic technician Robert McNeil, who worked to identify the bodies following the slaughter, told of his relief after Europe's most wanted war crime suspect General Ratko Mladic was captured on Thursday.
He said: "I hope the evidence we pulled together will send him to jail and ultimately to hell. I raised a glass to his arrest.
"The weight of evidence against him should secure a conviction and I feel a certain pride I was part of creating a castiron case against him.
"I hope now that the arrest of Mladic will give closure to the victims."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...nt-of-evidence-in-mladic-case/article2039783/

Yerda

Veteran Member
I am glad to see this man apprehended and i query why once again one of the worlds most wanted men were found hiding in countries that were supposed to be looking them.
I hope he rots, and I hope his protectors are shafted, good and hard.