• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rasputin

Spiderman

Veteran Member
image.jpg

Tell me everything you know about this man. I plan on writing 17 books about him.
There is no politician like him. He was a Mystic, healer, prophet, and sign and wonder worker who used his miraculous powers to get control of the Czar and the government.
The name Rasputin means depraved. Many claim he lived up to his name.
Other sources say he was a very holy man, and that all the attacks against him were made up.
What do you say?

He was poisoned, shot, and finally drowned. Poor guy! :(

The noted historians Boney M presented a thesis that he was "Russia's greatest love machine", although they also argued "it was a shame how he carried on".

Jumi

His story was part of the symptoms of the cause for the rise of the Soviet.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
View attachment 19961
Tell me everything you know about this man. I plan on writing 17 books about him.
There is no politician like him. He was a Mystic, healer, prophet, and sign and wonder worker who used his miraculous powers to get control of the Czar and the government.
Other sources say he was a very holy man, and that all the attacks against him were made up.
What do you say?

from my own personal research rasputin evidently had some psychic powers that he used to influence his association with the russian royalty.

he was person who was a follower of the service to self path.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
View attachment 19961
What do you say?

If he invites you over for cake, fake a headache!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd suggest reading Bruce Lincoln's book 'Passage Through Armageddon'. There is quite a bit about Rasputin and his influence over the Tzarina in that book.

PureX

Veteran Member
He was a con-man and a charlatan. He was able to use the tzarina's fear of her son's hemophilia to convince her that he could heal/protect her son. And her husband, the tzar, went along with it for her sake. They were both too weak for their positions and responsibilities, which has always been a problem with familial monarchies. Eventually Rasputin caused so much pointless disruption in the monarchy that the high council decided to have him killed. Which turned out to be a rather difficult job. But by then the monarchy had failed beyond repair, and killing Rasputin did not make Tzar Nicholas suddenly become a strong man and leader, so the monarchy collapsed, anyway, and the whole royal family ended up being murdered.

Rasputin was just a symptom of the failure of familial monarchy. He was not the primary cause.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I was just joking about writing 17 books about him, for those who don't understand my sense of humor.

It made me smile to post something insane

I feel sorry for the guy. He thought he was going to a banquet and instead it was a very slow torturous death

Rest in peace Rasputin!

PureX

Veteran Member
I was just joking about writing 17 books about him, for those who don't understand my sense of humor.

It made me smile to post something insane

I feel sorry for the guy. He thought he was going to a banquet and instead it was a very slow torturous death

Rest in peace Rasputin!
From what I read about him, he lived like a pig, took whatever he could get from whomever he could take it, and showed no concern for anyone's well-being but his own. So I see no reason his killers should have showed any particular mercy to him, in his death.