• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raquel Welch Dead at Age 82

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Raquel Welch Dead at 82

Raquel Welch, who paved the way as both an actress and international sex symbol has died ... TMZ has learned.

According to family members, Raquel died this morning after a brief illness.

RIP

In the article they chose the poster that I chose independently, though theirs is the color version:

raquel-welch-in-one-million-years-bc-bettmann.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Raquel Welch Dead at 82

Raquel Welch, who paved the way as both an actress and international sex symbol has died ... TMZ has learned.

According to family members, Raquel died this morning after a brief illness.

RIP

In the article they chose the poster that I chose independently, though theirs is the color version:

raquel-welch-in-one-million-years-bc-bettmann.jpg
RIP

Raquel Welch was my number one crush when I was a kid, my ideal for feminine physical perfection.

The body, the voice, the hair, the face, the way she carried herself. She had everything.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I was trying to remember if I had seen any, and I recalled that she was in this: Fantastic Voyage (1966) - IMDb (Actually, a good 60s sci-fi film.)

I also saw her in this: The Three Musketeers (1973) - IMDb

I remember her chiefly as one of the schoolboy pin-ups in the 60s, along with Brigitte Bardot and the rest from that era. She was on all the billboards on the London Underground when I was going to school by train and I remember discussing the relative merits of her and the others with schoolmates.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I remember her chiefly as one of the schoolboy pin-ups in the 60s, along with Brigitte Bardot and the rest from that era. She was on all the billboards on the London Underground when I was going to school by train and I remember discussing the relative merits of her and the others with schoolmates.
"Merits." Which ones?

exchemist

Veteran Member
"Merits." Which ones?
Their physical charms of course - which were considerable. As I recall, I was for Bardot, who had such a lovely mouth and eyes. Welch I seem to recall had rather splendid red hair - at the time at least - but I thought her bust was too big. Anyway, we used to argue. I also rather liked Daniella Bianchi in "From Russia With Love" at the time, which further complicated the issue......

exchemist

Veteran Member
What I remember of her, sexual exploitation, poor acting, poor scripts.
A lot of actresses were sexually exploited in that era. Looking back, it's rather embarrassing not to have been aware of it. Though some managed to deal with it on their own terms, one of the best being Diana Rigg, who was a really good Shakespearean actress and a very forceful woman, as well as being a great beauty.

pearl

A lot of actresses were sexually exploited in that era. Looking back, it's rather embarrassing not to have been aware of it. Though some managed to deal with it on their own terms, one of the best being Diana Rigg,

I have heard my son-in-law talk about her, as he too for many years was a Shakespearean actor.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have heard my son-in-law talk about her, as he too for many years was a Shakespearean actor.
Yes, she too was a teenage heart-throb, but unlike most of these actresses, she is someone you would want to marry for a stimulating and fulfilling life right through into old age! She would keep you on your toes. She died a couple of years ago and we were all sad to see her go. She has a daughter, Rachel Stirling, who is also an accomplished actress. This is her. One can see Diana in her very clearly:

2c8f9d39d6949ce0eda89e0c0d85895e.jpg