• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture in 6000th year?

All that is saying is that He will come from the east just as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. The fact Christ says He will come like a thief and tells His followers to ‘watch’ implies’ His return could be missed if His followers are not ‘watching’. This puts to bed any automatic recognition as the command and prerequisite is to ‘watch’. Of what use is watching if everyone will automatically see Him?

I have understood the meaning is to be prepared for that day, because it will come when people don't expect it. But, when it comes, it will be as clear as lighting through sky, you will notice it without any effort.

Muffled

Jesus in me
And how would that stop heterosexuals from procreating? I'm the one who should be saying "duh!", Son...

I believe it does not and there are not enough to be a problem. The US would be in big trouble from actual families having fewer children if it were not for the fact that the rest of the world is banging them out like gangbusters and sending them to us.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I believe it does not and there are not enough to be a problem.
So why bother to bring it up, then?

The US would be in big trouble from actual families having fewer children if it were not for the fact that the rest of the world is banging them out like gangbusters and sending them to us.
How would it be in "big trouble", and wouldn't Jesus want you to welcome them with open arms?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I have understood the meaning is to be prepared for that day, because it will come when people don't expect it. But, when it comes, it will be as clear as lighting through sky, you will notice it without any effort.

If it could be noticed without any effort Christ would not have said to watch and pray. That indicates it could be missed.

If it could be noticed without any effort Christ would not have said to watch and pray. That indicates it could be missed.

I have understood watching means, you look that you are prepared for it. You take care that you are righteous and don't "fall asleep", turn to bad ways.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I have understood watching means, you look that you are prepared for it. You take care that you are righteous and don't "fall asleep", turn to bad ways.

Millions and millions of Christians have lived and died saying “He’s Coming! He’s Coming!” And millions more will live and die chanting the same words ad infinitum. It’s a never ending story. The Jews say the same that Christ hasn’t come yet. Another 2,000 year old chant and counting. And this sorry saga just goes on and on as if implying Christ doesn’t keep His promises and never will. How many more 1,000’s of years will this mantra continue to be heard?

My Lord keeps His promises even if His professed followers still say He hasn’t come.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

No but this made me laugh because it reminded me of the time I came out to my parents and for pride that year my dad was like "Hey Ashoka, you're part of the LGBBQ community, right?"

He was trying to ask if he could go to pride with me. I about died.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So why bother to bring it up, then?

How would it be in "big trouble", and wouldn't Jesus want you to welcome them with open arms?

I believe we have already seen it. Because of Covid-19 immigration and green card workers shrank. This contributed to a lack of workers and supply problems.