• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ramakrishna

Jedster

A short movie on Ramakrishna. Here is what the maker of the m ovie says:
"I read about this incident many years ago and it has haunted me ever since. It describes a young Indian boy who falls into a state of ecstasy while walking in a field in Bengal, India, during the mid part of the 19th century when all of sudden he see a black rain cloud and then majestically a flock of white cranes flying in the sky. The sight sends him into samadhi and he falls unconscious. Later, this very boy would become world famous as Sri Ramakrishna. I have always wanted to tell this little story in a movie, short as it is..... Thankfully, I had some time and did just that. Here it is: "Black Clouds and White Cranes"--script excerpted from Visions of Sri Ramakrishna."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jedster

;) Not many takers for Ramakrishna.
One must understand that not every taker necessarily clicks on a like.
Perhaps the invisible multitudes are more humble that one. Right?
Please quote to me from any revealed scripture that Ramakrishna has 'Not many takers'.
Right? Of course right,

ajay0

Great thread. I always liked Ramakrishna and his ecstatic samadhi leaps where he spontaneously jumps into superconscious bliss and joy just by observing normal day to day scenes.

Once he saw an english boy standing in the pose of Krishna next to a tree, and this send him to a similar blissful samadhi state .