• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ramadhan and Fasting - Resources

exchemist

Veteran Member
Peace and mercy of Allah be on you.....
"O ye who believe! fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may become righteous."
(translation Holy Quran ch2:v184)

Ramadhan and Fasting | Islam Ahmadiyya

various aspects
One thing that baffled me when I was in Dubai was the reports we got of people going to hospital with digestive problems during Ramadan. I think it was something to do with what they ate at iftar, after a whole day with nothing. I was told in the Gulf there are special dishes and so on, which can be a bit too much for the empty stomach.

Are there are particular traditions or practices concerning what people eat during this month?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
One thing that baffled me when I was in Dubai was the reports we got of people going to hospital with digestive problems during Ramadan. I think it was something to do with what they ate at iftar, after a whole day with nothing. I was told in the Gulf there are special dishes and so on, which can be a bit too much for the empty stomach.

Are there are particular traditions or practices concerning what people eat during this month?

Peace be on you.... you are rightly pointing....as you know, Ramadan is about fasting, remembering Allah, reforms, feeling empathy for less fortunate ones --- it is not about 'feasting'.... Moderation should be observed....
https://themuslimtimes.info/2014/07/03/5-ways-to-stay-healthy-while-fasting-for-ramadan/

i

exchemist

Veteran Member
Peace be on you.... you are rightly pointing....as you know, Ramadan is about fasting, remembering Allah, reforms, feeling empathy for less fortunate ones --- it is not about 'feasting'.... Moderation should be observed....
https://themuslimtimes.info/2014/07/03/5-ways-to-stay-healthy-while-fasting-for-ramadan/

i
Yes I must say I did wonder whether some of these people were really interpreting Ramadan in the sense originally intended! In Christian culture we had the same issue with Lent. People found ways to interpret the restrictions "creatively" and eventually relatively little true self-denial remained. That is human nature I suppose.