• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raising kids to be a liberal Christian

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It seems to be hard to find resources for parents trying to raise a Christian liberal child. Everything is geared toward more conservative Christianity. I need something else. Help!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know but will toss out some ideas. Check with local home-school groups for regular activity meets. Start a local group on Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup to meet other families with similar interests.

Check out these links to see what other people are doing and talking about:
Raising Quaker Children in a Non-Quaker World | Quaker Parenting Project
A Free Religious Resource For Anglican/Episcopalian Homeschoolers | The Parenting Passageway
Should my kids go to a Unitarian Universalist church? - religion atheism parenting | Ask MetaFilter
Where do liberal minded Christians go to church? | CafeMom Answers

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It seems to be hard to find resources for parents trying to raise a Christian liberal child. Everything is geared toward more conservative Christianity. I need something else. Help!
Just a quick word of advise, Thirza... I have learned through experience that it's pretty hard to raise a Christian liberal child, a Christian conservative child, an LDS Christian child, a Catholic Christian child, etc. etc. etc. In the end, your child will become what he chooses to be. Your best bet would be to teach by example, and hope for the best.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Just a quick word of advise, Thirza... I have learned through experience that it's pretty hard to raise a Christian liberal child, a Christian conservative child, an LDS Christian child, a Catholic Christian child, etc. etc. etc. In the end, your child will become what he chooses to be. Your best bet would be to teach by example, and hope for the best.

I like that! Thanks!