• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raised in your religion, or converted?

Born into your religion, or converted

• Born into

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Converted

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters

Fromper

I was raised in a non-religious Jewish family, and "switched" to atheist. So I'm still equally non-religious, but I no longer eat matzah during Passover. Or even know exactly when the holiday is this year, since I haven't been paying attention.

I guess that counts as converted for the poll, but just barely, and only because I've started checking a different box on surveys, not because my beliefs changed.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Or even know exactly when the holiday is this year, since I haven't been paying attention.

It starts Monday and ends next Tuesday. I'm not even Jewish and I know that. Aren't you in contact with any family or friends who keep the faith?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Born into an odd mix of New Age and Roman Catholicism.

Converted (deconverted?) to not having any specific religious beliefs, like atheism/agnosticism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know what my parents believed.
(I think my mother was a deist though.)
They didn't discuss religion at all.
I don't recall ever asking them.
Neither choice in the poll works for me.

Fromper

It starts Monday and ends next Tuesday. I'm not even Jewish and I know that. Aren't you in contact with any family or friends who keep the faith?
Yeah, it came up in conversation with my sister yesterday. Neither of us are doing anything to celebrate, and none of our other family (besides her kids) are within 500 miles. So I'm sure I'll see Facebook updates about people getting together for Sedars when it happens.

I don't know what my parents believed.
(I think my mother was a deist though.)
They didn't discuss religion at all.
I don't recall ever asking them.
Neither choice in the poll works for me.

Sounds like you were raised without religion, so if you still don't have a religion, that would qualify as "born into it", as far as I'm concerned.