• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raise your hand if you went to church this weekend

Did you go somewhere for "Church"..?

• Yes, in fact I did

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
What happens to church buildings when people no longer attend and the buildings stay empty? They are sold. By whom? Who gets the money? Kind of makes you want to go to church now, doesn't it?

It's not about by whom, it's about to whom. And this should make you wanna go regularly.

Churches in Europe are often turned into historical museums. In particularly nasty cases, the historians actually beat people over the head with how Christianity we so horrible. How the Crusades were a mistake. Let me clue you in on something. If not for abolitionist preachers, alot of blacks (while it can still be said they make less than average in some areas) would be making nothing, because they'd still be slaves. This was priests planting the idea into people who would later become abolitionist lay people. Also, the Crusades were not an aggressive war. They were to push back Islamic expansion if not for them, the UK, France, probably Germany, and likely everywhere but Russia, China, and Japan would be under Sharia law.

After that, they are turned into tourist destinations (remember "but you have turned it into a marketplace"? ) although some of those get some Sunday worship, followed by dance halls because they are big areas, followed by restaurants, followed by actual houses. It would be cool to live in a church, but sad to see it deconsecrated.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
After that, they are turned into tourist destinations (remember "but you have turned it into a marketplace"? ) although some of those get some Sunday worship, followed by dance halls because they are big areas, followed by restaurants, followed by actual houses. It would be cool to live in a church, but sad to see it deconsecrated.
To me its not the same thing, because I see a church building as not holy if it is empty. Its a normal building then. It is the people that are holy to me.

The money changers are robbers according Jesus, and it is a designated place where people go to do good and charitable works towards one another. The money changers are making a profit from efforts to help the poor. So I think we have a place with people trying to be generous, but money changers are taking a little off of the top of that effort. I think that is why Jesus criticizes them calling them robbers. They are actually taking away from the poor. Some of it I am uncertain about.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well, not church but synagogue on Friday night, plus Erev Rosh Hashana and the first day or Rosh Hashana.

sooda

Veteran Member
It's not about by whom, it's about to whom. And this should make you wanna go regularly.

Churches in Europe are often turned into historical museums. In particularly nasty cases, the historians actually beat people over the head with how Christianity we so horrible. How the Crusades were a mistake. Let me clue you in on something. If not for abolitionist preachers, alot of blacks (while it can still be said they make less than average in some areas) would be making nothing, because they'd still be slaves. This was priests planting the idea into people who would later become abolitionist lay people. Also, the Crusades were not an aggressive war. They were to push back Islamic expansion if not for them, the UK, France, probably Germany, and likely everywhere but Russia, China, and Japan would be under Sharia law.

LOLOL The crusaders killed people all along their route to the holy land and robbed them of their valuables. The Crusades were about loot and plunder.