• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rainn Wilson on Oprah's Soul Series

9harmony

Hi everyone! long time no see. :sorry1:

Wow! Look at this place, I've been away too long!

I had long wondered if Oprah knew of the Baha'i Faith. Living in Chicago, most assuredly seeing the Baha'i Temple driving through Wilmette. That question was recently answered when Oprah had guest Rainn Wilson on her Soul Series webcast. She had seen the temple but had never gone inside. She did not realize it was open to all people for prayer and worship, with no sermons. you can watch it here (It's about an hour long-in two parts).

She had him on to talk about Rainn's new web adventure "Soul Pancake" a forum for people to discuss "Life's Difficult Questions". But her fascination with the Faith itself, kept delaying that discussion. :) It seemed to me she had a couple AHA moments during the interview. :) At one point during the webcase Oprah shouts "Go Baha'i's!" :)

This has generated so much interest...it temporarily crashed National's server!
I was just reading the comments about the webcast and several people have asked Oprah to have him on her TV show. So time will tell...

I've also learned from a reliable source that Oprah asked Rainn if the next time he's in town if he would go to the House of Worship with her. His reply "of course!" :) He took 10 Baha'i Prayer books with him just in case...he gave one to Oprah, and her staff requested the rest! :)

Thank you Rainn! Well done!

arthra

Baha'i
Thanks Any for the links!

Some of my friends were interested in this so now I've sent them the material..

- Art:yes:

Do you know I came across that news randomly? I was visiting Oprah's website, which is something I never do, but somehow that day I came across it, and what do I see on the front page, Rainn Wilson!!! I didn't manage to see the webcasts on Oprah's website, but a few days later, I found out that all of them were on bahaiexplorer.com.

I knew that soulpancake was in the pipe line, but I didn't know anything more than that. I've been on the site once or twice and I really like it. Very creative idea...